Thread: Company beats IRS penalties with Lawful Money

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Awesome Job! Few questions

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    Ah yes. Here are the Form 843 attachments. (Bear with me as I get it uploaded. NOTE to other posters: "attachments" taller than 600 pixels are reduced to that size by forum software. But if your image is external, sitting on the internet, you can use the IMAGE tag and get it full size.)

And to head off the questions, this is not my company (no ownership), nor am I an employee.

What is the deposit slip for? I dont understand this.. or how this piece works.. can you explain what was deposited and to where for how much and why? and how to use the stamp.. thanks in advance for your time.. have an awesome day!

JohnnyCash
    Welcome freedomfighter. As I understand, the company banked some of its income as lawful money by stamping the backside of deposited checks like this: http://jesse2012.com/boaCHECK.jpg Also called a 'restricted endorsement.' The similar stamped receipt shown probably functions as a reminder or indicator of that lawful money deposit. The amount appears to be over $116,000.
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 03-18-13 at 05:49 PM.