Here in Washington the "CODE" explains fairly clearly what a "NAME" is if one "REGISTERS" your Name with the "STATE" into a Business Entity,( Sole Proprietor)
WASHINGTON STATE REVISED CODE,----- WHICH REFERENCES AND DEFERS AUTHORITY TO THE ACTUAL STATE SESSION LAWS
1. The Washington Supreme Court has specifically stated that the compilation entitled “Revised Code of Washington” is not the law.
“In this respect, the 1951 legislature was following its own unconstitutional device for amending a section of an act in disregard of the specific constitutional mandate. The act before us does not purport to amend a section of an act, but only a section of a compilation entitled "Revised Code of Washington," which is not the law. Such an act purporting to amend only a section of the prima facie compilation leaves the law unchanged." PAROSA v. TACOMA, 57 Wn.2d 409, 415, (1960)
The Revised “CODE” of Washington is business regulations and appear to ONLY apply to Business activities.
DEFINITION OF DRIVER, MOTOR VEHICLE, RCW 46
1. What is a Driver License
2. Who is required to have a Driver License
3. Where is the authority to issue a Driver license found in the RCW’s
4. What types of Driver licenses are there, Commercial/non-commercial

What is a Driver License

Based on the Revised Code of Washington I have come to the following conclusions, I think this may shed some light on this subject of the National ID and Driver License issue.
The “Washington State Department of License” is the State agency which is authorized to issue “DRIVER LICENSE’S”, The “Washington State Department of License” is only granted authority to issue Licenses, (see definition of “License” below).
A license grants authority to persons to engage in any business, profession, trade, occupation, or activity except for health professions. A “License” is a “Certificate” that ; include license, certificate of registration, certificate of qualification, certificate of competency, certificate of authority, and any other instrument, by whatever name designated, authorizing the practice of a profession or calling, the carrying on of a business or occupation
Conclusion;
1. A DRIVER LICENSE IS A BUSINESS LICENSE
2. A CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION IS A BUSINESS LICENSE (license tabs, license plates)
3. A “CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE” IS A CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION, aka a BUSINESS LICENSE,( a “certified birth certificate” is requested or required to obtain a “Driver License”, in effect a business license requesting a business license)
4. The term TRADE OR BUSINESS, at (26 USC 7701 (a) (26), relates to,; RCW 43.24.020
Powers and duties — Licensing, the director of licensing shall administer all laws with respect to the examination of applicants for, and the issuance of, licenses to persons to engage in any business, profession, trade, occupation, or activity except for health professions. (does all laws refer to all State and Federal Laws ???? probably so )
5. My copy of birth record given to my parents at the hospital that I was born at clearly shows my true name written in proper grammar, signed by the M.D. and head Nurse, as well as by my parents, (the form of an affidavit), the “certified birth certificate” issued by the “State dept. of Health” indicates my “Name” in ALL CAPITAL letters, that is not proper grammar for a real life man or woman. This fact seems to indicate some type of change occurred after the STATE got a hold of the birth record, hence the STATE turned it, the birth record, into a CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION, aka a BUSINESS LICENSE, apparently a license to engage in a TRADE OR BUSINESS ???????
6. So if the Driver License is a business license the name on the license is the business name (a sole proprietor, all capitals) and not the name of the man or woman as is usually given in proper grammar at the time they came into the world.
7. RCW Chapter 46.21 Driver license compact assures all “States” and Federal Government are addressing the same subjects as related to “Driver Licenses”

8. It seems that the National I.D. is only applying to Businesses since the National I.D. is based on the “Driver License”.

9. Interesting also, my daughter seemed to think she needed a STATE I.D. for her 1 year old son, the I.D. has prominently emblazoned on the face the following , LICENSE # xxxxxxxxx. Signifying that the I.D. card is merely a “BUSINESS LICENSE”. By the way Name spelled in all Capitals

ARE YOU ENGAGED IN “BUSINESS” WHEN YOU ARE TRAVELING TO YOUR MOMS HOUSE ???
ARE YOU ENGAGED IN “BUSINESS” WHEN YOU ARE BEING PAID TO DELIVER PACKAGES ?? (i.e., UPS, FED EX ,DRIVERS, ETC., ETC. ……………).
ARE YOU ENGAGED IN “BUSINESS” 24-7-365, OR DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FREE TIME TO ENJOY LIFE WHILE NOT SPECIFICALLY ENGAGED IN A BUSINESS PERSUIT, OR ARE ALL PEOPLE A SLAVE TO THE GOVERNMENT AS A GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE ???? (26 USC 7701 (a) (26),
"We have said, and we reiterate, that a license is merely a privilege to do business and is not a contract between the authority granting it and the grantee, nor is it a property right. See syllabus by the court, No. 4, Prettyman Inc. v. Florida Real Estate Commission ex rel. Branham, 92 Fla. 515, 109 So. 442." Mayo et al. v. Market Fruit Co. of Sanford, Inc. (1949) 40 So.2d 555.

First; a Man or Woman is not an artificial entity, not a thing.
Second ; a business or profession is an artificial entity, a thing.
These are 2 completely separate and different descriptions of 1; a thing, and 2; NOT a thing.
Can a Man or Woman be a “THING” or an artificial entity and also “NOT” an artificial entity, and “NOT” a thing at the same time or are these two descriptions completely different and apposing to each other.
Apparently by applying logic and the written record that the government calls “LAW” the licensing agency takes a “NAME” of a Man or Woman and uses that “NAME” as the Business “NAME”, of course they change the CAPITALIZATION so as to make it appear that they (the Government license agency), have “CREATED” the newly formed “ENTITY”.
The Government requires that one be an artificial entity, a thing, before it (the Government), is able to interface with it. That way the Government has complete control over the “ENTITY”, the “ENTITY” has no “RIGHTS”. Example; when you are stopped by a cop the first thing that they want to see is your “ DRIVER LICENSE” as soon as you give it to them you have given them proof that you are “ OPERATING” as a business “ENTITY”, a THING and not as a Man or Woman, , as such you have no “RIGHTS” as such, only statutory rights that the “STATE” allows you to have while you are an artificial “ENTITY”.

RCW 19.02.020
Definitions.

(7) "Person" means any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, association, cooperative, corporation, nonprofit organization, state or local government agency, and any other organization required to register with the state to do business in the state and to obtain one or more licenses from the state or any of its agencies;

DEPARTMENT OF LICENSE
Powers and duties — Licensing.
In addition to other powers and duties granted to the department, the director of licensing shall administer all laws with respect to the examination of applicants for, and the issuance of, licenses to persons to engage in any business, profession, trade, occupation, or activity except for health professions.

"License" defined.
The word "license" shall be construed to mean and include license, certificate of registration, certificate of qualification, certificate of competency, certificate of authority, and any other instrument, by whatever name designated, authorizing the practice of a profession or calling, the carrying on of a business or occupation, or the doing of any act required by law to be authorized by the state.

[1965 c 8 ? 43.24.030. Prior: 1921 c 7 ? 98; RRS ? 10856.]

Chapter 19.02 RCW
Business license center act
Definitions.
As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:

(5) "License" means the whole or part of any agency permit, license, certificate, approval, registration, charter, or any form or permission required by law, including agency rule, to engage in any activity;

(7) "Person" means any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, association, cooperative, corporation, nonprofit organization, state or local government agency, and any other organization required to register with the state to do business in the state and to obtain one or more licenses from the state or any of its agencies;