Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Basis in Law

Interesting indeed! Can you show us an example of an earlier rendition? Let me check... nope.

Last edited by David Merrill; 10-24-12 at 03:51 PM.

Blessed is he who keeps from stumbling over me.

The note was a promise to pay, not the actual payment. They wanted to hide that first.

Its easy to miss the fine print, look under Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Interesting indeed! Can you show us an example of an earlier rendition? Let me check... nope.

Ok suitors, one of us is having a senior moment. I see "WILL PAY TO THE BEARER ON DEMAND" on the above note.

Was looking for the definition of a "Dollar" http://blacks.worldfreemansociety.org/2/D/d0387.jpg

So pay to bearer 2 units of gold or silver?

Also couldn't help but notice the phrase Dolus dans locum contractui

Quote martin earl ""As of June 2011, the U.S. Treasury calculates that $230 million in United States notes are in circulation, and excludes this amount from the statutory debt limit of the United States. This amount excludes $25 million in United States Notes issued prior to July 1, 1929, determined pursuant to Act of June 30, 1961, 31 U.S.C. 5119, to have been destroyed or irretrievably lost. www.treasurydirect.gov

They read your post martin earl at post #71 &#75 http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...a2fe5156a.html

NYGMan-tax here is a remedy Link

Carolina%20Letter.pdf and Attachment 974
    Last edited by Chex; 10-25-12 at 01:47 AM.

Noah
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    So pay to bearer 2 units of gold or silver?
    Depends on when you're asking. Using the date on the US note above, 1928, we have only to look up the controlling Act of Congress.

Act of 1900, Chapter 41:
    Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the dollar consisting of twenty-five and eight-tenths grains of gold nine-tenths fine, as established by section thirty-five hundred and eleven of the Revised Statutes of the United States, shall be the standard unit of value, and all forms of money issued or coined by the United States shall be maintained at a parity of value with this standard, and it shall be the duty of the secretary of the Treasury to maintain such parity.
    So in 1928 a dollar was 25.8 grains of standard gold (standard meaning 9/10s fine), or 23.2 grains of pure gold
    or, 412.5 grains of standard silver (90%), or 371.25 grains of pure silver.

1 grain = 1/480 ounce troy = 0.0648 grams

Restated, one dollar = 1.672 grams of std. GOLD = 26.73 grams of std. SILVER

I focused on the verbiage on the red seal - sorry.

Pay to the Bearer...