Quote Originally Posted by NYGMan-Tax View Post
I am trying to simplify multiple code sections and regulations to make it easier to understand. I could quote a series of code sections, but I am trying to explain it is the most basic way. David provides a general overview of his theory without referring to code sections, regulations and case law, so I figured it was the easiest way to do it. I am a tax lawyer by trade, and know the code and regs quite well. However, I prefer to explain in plain English, in a way I hope all can understand. Sure you can search for value, but you won't find it used in the context I am using it, but it is correct. Think about this, you perform a service for someone. The service you just performed has a value to it, and you expect to be compensated for that value. You assign an amount to the worth of that work, typically this is your salary, or hourly wage. Under the code...
Again NYGMan, the problem as I see it is you're beginning with a presumption; a presumption that one is "under the code". How do you know that presumption is correct?

You see, I have a "code," too - Jethro's Tax Code, and under the code everybody owes me One Million Bux. <--- It says so right there. So why haven't you paid me your Million Bux tax?