Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful View Post
I too have been looking into opening a small account based on a best scenario:

The Ideal: Find a SMALL state Credit Union (State, NOT Federal Credit Union, nor FDIC insured. The determining giveaway here is merely the lack of the word Federal; just "Credit Union") rather than a bank, in perhaps a State with no income tax like South Dakota or Washington. Open a NON-interest bearing account and get your Lawful Money verbiage on your signature card.

The Problem:
I've seen older SSN cards say they are not to be used as ID. Even with a SSN, passport, Driver's Lic., Birth Certificate and credit card, the establishment points out the Patriot Act, and requires a utility bill (?!?!) and/or picture ID with your current home address. What to do when you don't have a current home address such as a full time RV'er in transition, and don't want to subject yourself to REAL ID intrusions nor establish residency. Trying to quash some burocracy.

The Solution?
Eliminating the tellers and going to the manager may be best, but knowing what to say/show first would help. Charm wit and smiles aside, I imagine one being not worth the hassle by the time you get the signature card verbiage attempted. Any others in this scenario have any suggestions? I am open to out of state options. I've tried while recently in Fl. Maybe I'll have to try an out of country option?
The Notice and Demand (NaD) process directly on the Federal Reserve bank is a good method. Once the papers are all marked up you can serve it on the bank manager and forget about the signature card.

Some suitors simply file a 1040 with redeemed lawful money demands on the paychecks for evidence. The memorandums to IRS agents do not cover anything specific about redeeming lawful money so whenever they assess a frivpen they are outside the scope of their authority. The NaD replaces the Libel of Review (LoR) only because the filing fee for the federal civil suit has been bumped steadily by $50 increments.