Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
Rumination might include my informal definition of SDR's.

I consider SDR's to be the measure of the conditioning of society to blindly endorse private credit from the local central bank.
Until I started coming to this forum, I had heard of SDR's, and understood they were a basket of currencies, but that's all. I'm still trying to soak up the knowlwedge here, seasoned with people's experience. It is amazing to me.

I do have a take on why people continue endorsing private credit, though. It started back in 1929, and people became frightened about the prospect of losing everything. Their president told them it was patriotic to adopt the new system, so they did. Then along came WWII, and out of that the US emerged as the world's super-power, relatively unscathed by the war.

The economy took off. Another generation came up, and did what their parents did: they endorsed private credit, and they appeared to prosper.

But now people are frightened again. I speak from experience. I am approaching the act of redeeming lawful money very skittishly. I don't want trouble with law enforcement. On the other hand, I see it's the right thing to do. So tomorrow, I'm changing the signature on my DL.

After that, I'll begin making my demand for lawful money at one of my banks to see how it goes.