Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everybody who wants to secede is polite enough to write a petition..

Everybody who wants to secede is polite enough to write a petition..

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice.

The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. We the People provides a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. We created We the People because we want to hear from you. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it's sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

Finally a way to do it right.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...190210006.html
    Last edited by Chex; 11-12-12 at 09:44 PM.

Before seceding, people might want to take a look at this: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/fallacy.htm
    Now you must repent and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, that time after time your souls may know the refreshment that comes from the presence of God. Then he will send you Jesus, your long-heralded Christ.

UPDATE: Texas' petition has crossed the 25,000 signature threshold needed to generate a White House response.
    Blessed is he who keeps from stumbling over me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seosaidh View Post
    Before seceding, people might want to take a look at this: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/fallacy.htm
    All the more reason to secede. If everyone were to read this they would want to succeed in seceding. I am appalled read this and what they have done to me and my family and my friends.

Pass this on to everyone if you can, know I am.

http://stg.do/9LDc

http://stg.do/9LDc
    Last edited by Chex; 11-13-12 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice.

The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. We the People provides a new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country. We created We the People because we want to hear from you. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it's sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

Finally a way to do it right.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...190210006.html
    What a bunch of crybaby losers.

All because they lost an election ....

Ah, Shikamaru. Over 900 posts and you still haven't lost your touch. I think the whole thing is cute. As if the power centers will just let the State of Texas ( one of their own creations mind you) walk away. Once the FRN collapses, well....that's another story for another day.

End the Emergency first.

Secession is the Emergency.

Agreed: End the Emergency first.

Its all about Section I

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

v. Property

Any person whose property has been levied upon shall have the right to pay the amount due, together with the expenses of the proceeding, if any, to the Secretary at any time prior to the sale thereof, and upon such payment the Secretary shall restore such property to him, and all further proceedings in connection with the levy on such property shall cease from the time of such payment.

One of my reason is from this blog
    Last edited by Chex; 11-27-12 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    Agreed: End the Emergency first.

Its all about Section I

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

v. Property

Any person whose property has been levied upon shall have the right to pay the amount due, together with the expenses of the proceeding, if any, to the Secretary at any time prior to the sale thereof, and upon such payment the Secretary shall restore such property to him, and all further proceedings in connection with the levy on such property shall cease from the time of such payment.

One of my reason is from this blog
    There is always this take too:

Click Here.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 11-28-12 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    There is always this take too:

Click Here.
    What movie is that?