Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DMV Certifications

DMV Certifications

Just reviewing the driver license renewal form, and at the signature line it said, I agrre to the certifications listed on the back of this form.

One of those certifications says, I am the person whose name appearss on the front of this form...

My plan was to sign true name only, without the surname. Lol I guess I'll still sign true name, but sheesh.
    Now you must repent and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, that time after time your souls may know the refreshment that comes from the presence of God. Then he will send you Jesus, your long-heralded Christ.

Bouvier's Law Dictionary
    1856 Edition

11. When a person uses a name in making a contract under seal, he will not be permitted to say that it is not his name; as, if he sign and seal a bond " A and B," (being his own and his partner's name,) and he had no authority from bis partner to make such a deed, he cannot deny that bis name is A. & B. 1 Raym. 2; 1 Salk. 214. And if a man describes himself in the body of a deed by the name of James and signs it John, he cannot, on being sued by the latter name, plead that his name is James. 3 Taunt. 505; Cro. Eliz. 897, n. a. Vide 3 P. & D. 271; 11 Ad. & L. 594.

http://constitution.org/bouv/bouvier_n.htm

stoneFree
    "I am [signing for] the person whose name appears on the front of this form..."

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    Bouvier's Law Dictionary
    1856 Edition

... And if a man describes himself in the body of a deed by the name of James and signs it John, he cannot, on being sued by the latter name, plead that his name is James. 3 Taunt. 505; Cro. Eliz. 897, n. a. Vide 3 P. & D. 271; 11 Ad. & L. 594.

http://constitution.org/bouv/bouvier_n.htm
    Ah, but is the reveerse the same? If James signs John, and later James is sued, then...

Also, I'm not the one making the survey. Or am I? Now that I think about it, I probably did make the original survey. Hmm.
    Now you must repent and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, that time after time your souls may know the refreshment that comes from the presence of God. Then he will send you Jesus, your long-heralded Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    "I am [signing for] the person whose name appears on the front of this form..."
    They're very crafty here. The space for signature is only about 1/4" tall, and I know from what others experience that the DMV crops ssignatures to fit on the card. Also, I'm fairly sure I read somewhere they destroy original applications.

I'm thinking about:by True Name . I'm willing to bet the "by" gets cropped out though.

before i abandoned the dl i signed "without prejudice" and nothing else,
    it made no difference because the cops still issues tickets and the insurance company (icbc) tried to enforce them,

it comes down to how you signed the original agreement/contract,

if you never had a dl they will issue the ticket in the name but can never enforce the payment because there was never an agreement/contract,

if you never had a dl and got tickets issued in the name and then after the fact you got a dl the ticket does not carry over,

the dl number is an account number so they can't charge an account that does not exist or after the fact,

plus dl never expire like they try to tell you,

if you let the dl expire they will still place charges on the expired account because they never close it,

if it did truly expire then how can that happen,

i know people that use their old dl and keep their new one at home and never have a problem with police when stopped,

before i abandoned the dl i signed "without prejudice" and nothing else,
    it made no difference because the cops still issues tickets and the insurance company (icbc) tried to enforce them,

it comes down to how you signed the original agreement/contract,

if you never had a dl they will issue the ticket in the name but can never enforce the payment because there was never an agreement/contract,

if you never had a dl and got tickets issued in the name and then after the fact you got a dl the ticket does not carry over,

the dl number is an account number so they can't charge an account that does not exist or after the fact,

plus dl never expire like they try to tell you,

if you let the dl expire they will still place charges on the expired account because they never close it,

if it did truly expire then how can that happen,

i know people that use their old dl and keep their new one at home and never have a problem with police when stopped,
    Actually, the most important aspect to this exercise to me is getting used to thinking in the true name.

Quote Originally Posted by Seosaidh View Post
    Actually, the most important aspect to this exercise to me is getting used to thinking in the true name.
    yes that is how it starts,

questioning then exercising,

you must remember that when dealing with any dl agency they can only see government issued id,
    they only see the registered trade name,
    that's all,
    its the only name they have jurisdiction on,

Three hours in the DMV, and all that time spent thinking about signing the certification that, "I am the person..." and about 8 other items.

Well, you won't believe it, but I never had to sign the form! The instructions specifically directed me not to sign until I paid the fees, so I didn't. The lady took the form and my money, handed me my receipt and temporary license, and sent me to get printed and photographed. After the photograph, I was asked to sign using one of those facsimile signature machines; you know, the electric pen on an lcd screen. So I signed True Name, hit ENTER, and was on my way.

I'm not quite sure what to think about it, but I think the Lord has made something happen. I never signed under penalty of perjury, nor agreed to any of the certifications on the form. I took pics of the form (both sides), so if anyone wants I'll try to figure out how to post them.

I have to say I'm very happy!

PS - I incorporated a cross into signature. Last week, I knew I wanted to make a new signature, so I began experimenting. I signed at least a thousand times, until eventually I came up with one that I liked. Most of my time in the DMV today was spent practicing my new signature. After a couple of hours, I thought, Hey! I'll put a cross in the signature. So I did. It's just a little thing, I know, but it gave me a chance to graphically show under whose authority I submit.
    Last edited by Seosaidh; 11-15-12 at 10:01 PM.

yes that is how it starts,

questioning then exercising,

you must remember that when dealing with any dl agency they can only see government issued id,
    they only see the registered trade name,
    that's all,
    its the only name they have jurisdiction on,
    I had a very good friend about 20 years ago, who went round and round with the DMV, IRS, and SSA for years. He ended up appealing one of his cases all the way to the Supreme Court, when Ken Starr was Solicitor General. Needless to say, they never heard the case, but my friend claimed victory because of something Starr didn't do. I don't remember exactly what; failed to submit something or other.

At any rate, I watched how the powers that be can tighten the screws on someone who ends up as a target. So all these years later, I'm looking back on that time, remembering the struggles my friend faced, and dreading what can happen. But the good news is, now I know about lawful money, cestui que trusts, and have access to a much larger universe of people with experience on how to deal with these things.

It's a blessing to talk with people who have already gone into this kind of battle. It's very encouraging!