Thread: DMV Certifications

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post

i know people that use their old dl and keep their new one at home and never have a problem with police when stopped,
    I've always had to turn in my old license to get a new one. They make sure that there is only one DL out per PERSON.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I've always had to turn in my old license to get a new one. They make sure that there is only one DL out per PERSON.

you don't have to in canada,
    what if you lost it the day before?

I also heard of people using a photo copy of the dl to give to police when asked for it,
    these people said when they were stopped for speeding and gave the photo copy that they didn't get a ticket,
    can't prove it, just heard it,

another interesting story i heard just a couple months ago that happened locally,,
    there was a young new driver and he was a native Indian got stopped for a broken tail light,
    he was working as a mechanic and just did some work on a car and was taking it out for a test drive to make sure the work he did was ok,

he was pissed off at the cop,

the cop wrote him out the ticket and asked him to sign it,
    there was a broken blue ink pen in the counsel so he grabbed it, rubbed ink on his finger and placed his thumb print on the signature line,

the cop looked at him confused and said wait here,

cop went to his car and after a couple minute came back and gave him the ticket and said have a nice day,

what was interesting here is the cop gave him the whole ticket with all the copies attached,
    cop didn't kept the original or any copy, so no obligation to pay,

about finger prints:

i am trying to find some crown disclosure papers that were sent to me for a court case but i am having a hard time finding them right now,

it was a copy of an old court charge record that they were trying to connect to the new charges,
    trying to create the connection with the criminal record to the man,

the interesting thing about it was there were words on it saying that the old charges could only be verified through a new set of finger prints from the new charges,

i never gave them finger prints for the new charges so the old charge could not be use or connected to the new charges,

the record could not be brought up in court because there was no joinder created,

this might be the reason why some states want the thumb print,