Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMV Certifications

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DMV Certifications

Just reviewing the driver license renewal form, and at the signature line it said, I agrre to the certifications listed on the back of this form.

One of those certifications says, I am the person whose name appearss on the front of this form...

My plan was to sign true name only, without the surname. Lol I guess I'll still sign true name, but sheesh.
    Now you must repent and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, that time after time your souls may know the refreshment that comes from the presence of God. Then he will send you Jesus, your long-heralded Christ.

Bouvier's Law Dictionary
    1856 Edition

11. When a person uses a name in making a contract under seal, he will not be permitted to say that it is not his name; as, if he sign and seal a bond " A and B," (being his own and his partner's name,) and he had no authority from bis partner to make such a deed, he cannot deny that bis name is A. & B. 1 Raym. 2; 1 Salk. 214. And if a man describes himself in the body of a deed by the name of James and signs it John, he cannot, on being sued by the latter name, plead that his name is James. 3 Taunt. 505; Cro. Eliz. 897, n. a. Vide 3 P. & D. 271; 11 Ad. & L. 594.

http://constitution.org/bouv/bouvier_n.htm

stoneFree
    "I am [signing for] the person whose name appears on the front of this form..."

Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    "I am [signing for] the person whose name appears on the front of this form..."
    They're very crafty here. The space for signature is only about 1/4" tall, and I know from what others experience that the DMV crops ssignatures to fit on the card. Also, I'm fairly sure I read somewhere they destroy original applications.

I'm thinking about:by True Name . I'm willing to bet the "by" gets cropped out though.
    Now you must repent and turn to God so that your sins may be wiped out, that time after time your souls may know the refreshment that comes from the presence of God. Then he will send you Jesus, your long-heralded Christ.

before i abandoned the dl i signed "without prejudice" and nothing else,
    it made no difference because the cops still issues tickets and the insurance company (icbc) tried to enforce them,

it comes down to how you signed the original agreement/contract,

if you never had a dl they will issue the ticket in the name but can never enforce the payment because there was never an agreement/contract,

if you never had a dl and got tickets issued in the name and then after the fact you got a dl the ticket does not carry over,

the dl number is an account number so they can't charge an account that does not exist or after the fact,

plus dl never expire like they try to tell you,

if you let the dl expire they will still place charges on the expired account because they never close it,

if it did truly expire then how can that happen,

i know people that use their old dl and keep their new one at home and never have a problem with police when stopped,

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    before i abandoned the dl i signed "without prejudice" and nothing else,
    it made no difference because the cops still issues tickets and the insurance company (icbc) tried to enforce them,

it comes down to how you signed the original agreement/contract,

if you never had a dl they will issue the ticket in the name but can never enforce the payment because there was never an agreement/contract,

if you never had a dl and got tickets issued in the name and then after the fact you got a dl the ticket does not carry over,

the dl number is an account number so they can't charge an account that does not exist or after the fact,

plus dl never expire like they try to tell you,

if you let the dl expire they will still place charges on the expired account because they never close it,

if it did truly expire then how can that happen,

i know people that use their old dl and keep their new one at home and never have a problem with police when stopped,
    Actually, the most important aspect to this exercise to me is getting used to thinking in the true name.

I've always had to turn in my old license to get a new one. They make sure that there is only one DL out per PERSON.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Bouvier's Law Dictionary
    1856 Edition

... And if a man describes himself in the body of a deed by the name of James and signs it John, he cannot, on being sued by the latter name, plead that his name is James. 3 Taunt. 505; Cro. Eliz. 897, n. a. Vide 3 P. & D. 271; 11 Ad. & L. 594.

http://constitution.org/bouv/bouvier_n.htm
    Ah, but is the reveerse the same? If James signs John, and later James is sued, then...

Also, I'm not the one making the survey. Or am I? Now that I think about it, I probably did make the original survey. Hmm.

In Colorado you do not go to the DMV for a driver license:

Accordingly we connect the thumbprint with the initial novation of the footprints on the birth certificate. This nexus connects of course with the Department of Revenue and the IN GOD WE TRUST/SO HELP ME GOD agreement on fiat currency in America post-1861.

That is coherent with you swearing in as a public official and identifying yourself as a government official with official government ID.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 11-24-12 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    In Colorado you do not go to the DMV for a driver license:

Accordingly we connect the thumbprint with the initial novation of the footprints on the birth certificate. This nexus connects of course with the Department of Revenue and the IN GOD WE TRUST/SO HELP ME GOD agreement on fiat currency in America post-1861.

That is coherent with you swearing in as a public official and identifying yourself as a government official with official government ID.
    In California, the state offers a state ID card. The DL is not an ID. Are you saying the thumbprint on the DL application then serves as identifying government personnel? I see your reasoning, but the DL is also linked with the Social Security account. If someone exercises the privilege of accepting the DL, what does it matter if he's a government person or not?

The way it looks to me is, I signed True Name, which is different than the FIRST MIDDLE LAST named on the license. My intent was to begin operating in society by my true name, and the DL was my first step. Interesting sidenote: Since I wasn't requjired to sign the certifications under penalty of perjury, I had expected the new license to be issued with my old signature. Just yesterday I received it in the mail, and it has my True Name signature.

At any rate, this has been a very thought provoking exercise for me. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and am looking forward to expanding on this tiny beginning. I recognize now more than ever the importance of redeeming lawful money. I wish there was a less expensive way to form a competent record other than at District Court.
    Last edited by Seosaidh; 11-24-12 at 02:51 PM.