Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Debt: the perfection of voluntary servitude

Debt: the perfection of voluntary servitude

This just occurred to me this morning.

If feudalism is considered the "perfection of subjugation", debt can be considered the "perfection of voluntary servitude".

Employment could be considered this as well.

Interesting article here

Where is the money spent that is borrowed from the public and who decides where it goes? http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...publicdebt.htm

Facts
    Last edited by Chex; 11-24-12 at 05:06 PM.

We could also say that ... debt, employment, and representation are the perfections of voluntary servitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    Interesting article here

Where is the money spent that is borrowed from the public and who decides where it goes? http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...publicdebt.htm

Facts
    From the Treasurydirect website:

Where is the money spent that is borrowed from the public and who decides where it goes?

The Bureau of Public Debt is responsible for accounting for and reporting the debt in accordance with statutory direction. The Bureau does not have any public policy decision-making authority. Visit the Financial Management Service web site for more information. Information about the "Budget of the United States" is available at the Government Printing Office web site.
    Notice that the question was not answered ... like ... at all?

When I think about debt, debt is typically solemnized by contract.

You have to put some effort into getting into debt, hence the voluntary servitude.
    The conditions of the servitude are made explicit via the contract. One then authorizes the agreement into actuality.

"When, then, a law is in its nature a contract, when absolute rights have vested under that contract, a repeal of the law cannot divest those rights; and the act of annulling them if legitimate, is rendered so by a power applicable to the case of every individual in the community."

Marshall then defines a contract as a compact between two or more parties, and is either executory or executed. http://www.history1700s.com/page1760.shtml

The government is, then similar to a corporation. The government has vested interest in protecting the rights of the people it serves. Corporations are in the business to be of public service. Corporations rely upon its charter to protect not only itself but also the people it serves. The same situation exists for the congress.

Marshall continues to explain further that a legislative law is a contract and thus as a contract it cannot be broken.

Link http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/fo...4/civ00059.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    The government is, then similar to a corporation. The government has vested interest in protecting the rights of the people it serves. Corporations are in the business to be of public service. Corporations rely upon its charter to protect not only itself but also the people it serves. The same situation exists for the congress.
    I contend that government serves its own interest.
    I also contend that government protects property, not people.
    Further, government serves the purpose of militarizing, acquisition of resources, subjugation of populations, and revenue collection.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    I contend that government serves its own interest. I also contend that government protects property, not people.
    Further, government serves the purpose of militarizing, acquisition of resources, subjugation of populations, and revenue collection.
    IRS Expected To Issue Hundreds Of Deficiency Notices TO USVI Residents. The purpose of a Statutory Notice of Deficiency (SND or 90-Day Notice) is to ensure the taxpayer is formally notified of the IRS’s intention to assess a tax deficiency.

The SND is a legal determination that is presumptively correct and informs the taxpayer of the opportunity and right to petition the Tax Court to dispute the proposed adjustments.

IRS is expected to issue SNDs to United States Virgin Island residents in the next few months – Will the Estate of Sanders opinion stop the IRS? [T.L. Sanders Est., 144 TC —, No. 5, Dec. 60,222]

Hope the United States Virgin Island residents have an opportunity to find a “lawful money” website.

The IRS has kept the examinations of a plethora of taxpayers in limbo regarding tax years in the early 2000’s awaiting victories at the courthouse. The IRS typically has 3 years to examine a taxpayer. By the end of 3 years from the filing date of the return, the IRS has 3 choices;
    (1) close out or settle the examination administratively;
    (2) obtain an extension of the statute of limitations before the expiration of 3 years from the filing date of the tax returns at issue; or
    (3) issue a notice of deficiency (also known as a 90 day letter) or

(1) United States Virgin Island residents “redeem in lawful money

For hundreds of taxpayers who filed their returns in the USVI in the 2002-2004 time period, the IRS did not take any of the 3 avenues before the 3 year statute of limitations expired. Instead, the IRS merely examined these taxpayers and to this day has kept the examinations open.
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

JohnnyCash
    Your linked article talks about DHS running out of money, Jay, not USVI nor lawful money. I wonder if you linked to wrong article?
    They do have this though, hilarious ... http://www.vox.com/2015/2/15/8043367...ersary-special
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 02-17-15 at 04:13 PM.

They knew in the old days.
    20:00 to 21:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umEEnFtmV0I