Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debt: the perfection of voluntary servitude

Employee = servant. It is no unlikely to find a set of books on "Master Servant Law" on the shelf in the corporate board room especially at banks. The idea is that Debtor = servant and Creditor = master.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Government is a family office.

A monarchy is a single family office.
    A republic, an oligarchy, and an aristocracy are multi-family offices.

Essentially, these are corporations solely dedicated to the preservation, organization, and growth of that family or families wealth.

Republics always take on an oligarchical form. You could say they are synonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Government is a family office.

A monarchy is a single family office.
    A republic, an oligarchy, and an aristocracy are multi-family offices.

Essentially, these are corporations solely dedicated to the preservation, organization, and growth of that family or families wealth.

Republics always take on an oligarchical form. You could say they are synonymous.
    The oligarchical aspect of the Republic be utilized to prevent mob rule. There is an interesting term "pneumocracy". There are those who suggested that pneumocracy was intended to be part of the Republican system. I beileve the notion of pneumocracy (spiritocracy) from Michael Williams' book (link below) is that the members of the society would all be led by the spirit of God for the society to work.

Related: Silenced in the Schoolhouse: How Biblical Illiteracy in Our Schools Is Destroying America
    Last edited by allodial; 02-21-15 at 10:35 AM.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Quote Originally Posted by allodial View Post
    The oligarchical aspect of the Republic be utilized to prevent mob rule. There is an interesting term "pneumocracy". There are those who suggested that pneumocracy was intended to be part of the Republican system. I beileve the notion of pneumocracy (spiritocracy) from Michael Williams' book (link below) is that the members of the society would all be led by the spirit of God for the society to work.

Related: Silenced in the Schoolhouse: How Biblical Illiteracy in Our Schools Is Destroying America
    Is mob rule any worse than minority rule and its accoutrements i.e. indoctrination, oppression, and tyranny?

Could minority rule be equated with quiet warfare?
    Last edited by shikamaru; 02-21-15 at 11:19 AM.

Is mob rule any worse than minority rule and its accoutrements i.e. indoctrination, oppression, and tyranny?
    I suppose it depends on the nature of the minority. If the minority has the morals of feral beasts vs if they are benevolent shepherds and guardians over their brethren who are allowed to grow and expand as they gather wisdom and knowledge and without interference or oppression. Like with a hammer, depends on whose hand its in.

If the mob or the minority are as feral beasts, it seems you'd have a farm or a jungle rather than a government.

On that note, the record seems to show a tendency of influences conspiring to push America away from traditional morals toward a more base system--key activity perhaps revving up more significantly around the 1830s or 1840s. Could removal of gold/silver from circulation have been intended to be a way to depose (i.e. eliminate/cripple) lawful government? With funny money how could you have a de jure claim at law?
    Last edited by allodial; 02-21-15 at 11:21 AM.

I suppose it depends on the nature of the minority. If the minority has the morals of feral beasts vs if they are benevolent shepherds and guardians over their brethren who are allowed to grow and expand as they gather wisdom and knowledge and without interference or oppression. Like with a hammer, depends on whose hand its in.

If the mob or the minority are as feral beasts, it seems you'd have a farm or a jungle rather than a government.

On that note, the record seems to show a tendency of influences conspiring to push America away from traditional morals toward a more base system--key activity perhaps revving up more significantly around the 1830s or 1840s. Could removal of gold/silver from circulation have been intended to be a way to depose (i.e. eliminate/cripple) lawful government? With funny money how could you have a de jure claim at law?
    This all reminds me of Plato's discussions concerning the attributes of an ideal republic in his book, "Republic". It too was oligarchical in form.

Funny you mention money, government, and morals. In the book, "The Lost Science of Money", as the currency was debased so too did government, morals, and society debase in kind.

This all reminds me of Plato's discussions concerning the attributes of an ideal republic in his book, "Republic". It too was oligarchical in form.

Funny you mention money, government, and morals. In the book, "The Lost Science of Money", as the currency was debased so too did government, morals, and society debase in kind.
    AFAIK a key difference between Aristotle and Plato is that Aristotle embraced the idea of soul-less man and oligarchy. Plato had a rather different view. For some reason it seems public education in the USA tries to equate them. Aristotle would likely be quoted moreso by secular humanists than by others.

Re: money and morality... you'd almost figure someone has it down to a science.

AFAIK a key difference between Aristotle and Plato is that Aristotle embraced the idea of soul-less man and oligarchy. Plato had a rather different view. For some reason it seems public education in the USA tries to equate them. Aristotle would likely be quoted moreso by secular humanists than by others.
    I believe (don't quote me on this) that Aristotle also embraced that some men were born to rule while others are natural born slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by allodial
    Re: money and morality... you'd almost figure someone has it down to a science.
    Seems the controllers or beneficiaries of money always desire to circumvent 'thou shalt not steal' along with the necessities of working.

In the wilds A wolf pact is absent philosophy however the physiology is dominant regardless of fairness all are tolerable for physiological reasons.Is Plato,s dominance tolerable or can anybody leave the republic or the cave regardless of physiological fairness. Any flaw in the wild is corrected immediately only flaw with Man is exploitation whether gradual or immediate the balance waits on fairness.

stoneFree
    Last edited by stoneFree; 03-25-15 at 12:19 AM.