Thread: walking the walk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    The real rub here is that filling out the W-4 Form is a mandatory part of employment in America. If the employer fails to collect the W-4 Forms from all the employees there can be fines and other penalties for the employer.
    Awesome fact #5683- "W" forms and "10XX" forms are called Information Returns and are REBUTTABLE!

Once properly rebutted they become VOID.

*They may be rebutted at the time of filing a return.
    *They may be rebutted immediately after submitting one to an employer. The rebuttal may be issued to the employer and the tax agencies.

WIN-WIN-WIN situation!
    Last edited by EZrhythm; 12-13-12 at 10:12 PM.

JohnnyCash
    What is your source? As my inquiry to the IRS has revealed: http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...-need-rebuttal
    the IRS has no procedure in place for the payee (recipient) of a 1099-MISC to correct it. As a payee I refuse to accept the con, I refuse to believe the amounts reported are actually taxable income (I'm redeeming these check amounts into lawful money), and I guess that could be considered a form of rebuttal. My non-belief.

EXCELLENT JC!

For those who hold a strong position then no rebuttal is necessary but it is an option for those who desire to go that route. For instance one who has filled out a W-4 to meet the satisfaction of an employer as their requirement for being hired and then decides to rebut the information in order to not have a deduction from the paycheck.