Thread: Ghost on the Set

Ghost on the Set

Three Men and a Baby.

This scene with Ted DANSON trying to convince his mother to babysit has always fascinated me. If you look in the background there is a teenage boy who has nothing to do in the movie. However his mother recognized him watching in the theater. Her son, the boy in the background had committed suicide in that same apartment.

This is how I had heard it anyway.

The boy shot himself with a shotgun. Another thing about the movie set was that some of the crew noted a shotgun setting on one of the couches and by the time people got around to wondering why there was a shotgun on the set it was gone. Nobody on the set obviously saw the boy in the background of that scene but he certainly shows up on the film.

Regards,

David Merrill.

After watching the clip a few times over, I still cannot see a couch or a boy sitting on it.

Keep in mind, it is written:

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
    Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any [thing] that is done under the sun."
    Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

Dead people cannot show up in the land of the living, because they are dead.
    Those that do show up and look like people who once lived, are not humans.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

I apologize for the poor resolution. This one is a better format. If you stop the video and look frame by frame you can see the boy is turning and watching the actors cross the room. The boy (ghost) is standing in the window and is in the curtains.

Last edited by David Merrill; 12-06-12 at 01:26 PM.

If it's a Hollywood production then it's not surprising that it would feature a ghost boy appearance, considering the spiritualistic culture which permeates Hollywood film making.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

I agree Nothing hollywood does is neighbourhood any beneficiary is hollywood why this film crew chose to exploit a suicide is they simply got this boys story while scouting film locations and thought how to further market the picture $hooting from the more free press coverage the better angle plus the evil value goes without saying

If I ever meet Tom SELLECK and get the opportunity I will ask him about it.

The set designers working on The Wizard of Oz borrowed all types of birds off of the Los Angeles zoo to give the set a more realistic outdoorsy look. The shape that appears in the background is either a crane or an Australian native bird called a "Brolga" spreading its wings, and yes...it does seem a bit obvious now doesn't it, AKA MUNCHKIN SUICIDE
    http://www.castleofspirits.com/wizardofoz.html
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"