Thread: Clarity please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JohnnyCash
    Sounds like you're well on your way. Just keep redeeming lawful money (with good recordkeeping) and everything else should fall into place. How'd it go at the bank today?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
    Sounds like you're well on your way. Just keep redeeming lawful money (with good recordkeeping) and everything else should fall into place. How'd it go at the bank today?
    I now carry with me and don't want to spend an old $20 bill to plant seeds. I showed the bank manager the message on the $20FRN that I could redeem in lawful money - I asked her if she remembered US Notes- any way she was real receptive to the idea and very accommodating. I put my toe in to test the water and even made comment that she realizes this will decrease her banks lending capacity (we had a discussion on fractional lending). Bottom line was she was very intrigued and made me well aware she was there to serve me as a customer! It's a small regional bank so I wonder if when the senior management figures it out if I will receive some kickback.

I am now a Johnny Appleseed. I can't make people pay attention if they don't want to but I am using the old FRN disclaimer to plant seeds and let people know we are indeed bond servants.

Nice! I have heard how rewarding that kind of communication/creation can be. Teaching is learning and learning is teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAJiPS View Post
    I now carry with me and don't want to spend an old $20 bill to plant seeds. I showed the bank manager the message on the $20FRN that I could redeem in lawful money - I asked her if she remembered US Notes- any way she was real receptive to the idea and very accommodating. I put my toe in to test the water and even made comment that she realizes this will decrease her banks lending capacity (we had a discussion on fractional lending). Bottom line was she was very intrigued and made me well aware she was there to serve me as a customer! It's a small regional bank so I wonder if when the senior management figures it out if I will receive some kickback.

I am now a Johnny Appleseed. I can't make people pay attention if they don't want to but I am using the old FRN disclaimer to plant seeds and let people know we are indeed bond servants.