Thread: Treasury now owns zero shares of AIG

Treasury now owns zero shares of AIG

Treasury now owns zero shares of AIG common stock, down from 1.655 billion shares (92 percent of outstanding common stock) in January 2011. The Treasury and the Federal Reserve have fully recovered the combined $182.3 billion they committed to stabilize AIG during the financial crisis – with an additional $22.7 billion positive return.

Learn more on Treasury Notes.. http://www.treasury.gov/press-center...IG-wrapup.aspx

Secretary Geithner indicated that the Obama Administration supports extending the “McConnell Provision” regarding the debt limit -- a part of last year’s Budget Control Act -- which would lift the periodic threat of default from the U.S. economy and remove politics from future debt limit debates, while preserving Congress’ essential role in spending, revenue and borrowing decisions.

Learn more about how this provision works on Treasury Notes. http://www.treasury.gov/press-center...provision.aspx

Vice President Joe Biden and several cabinet secretaries announced today the administration's efforts to identify and eliminate misspent tax dollars. My favorite – the savings of $50 million annually by no longer minting unneeded and unwanted dollar coins. Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Neal Wolin says they currently have a decade worth of excess coins on the shelves! From the White House release:

As a result, nearly 1.4 billion excess dollar coins are already sitting unused in Federal Reserve Bank vaults – enough to meet demand for more than a decade.

But until today, the Mint was on pace to produce an additional 1.6 billion dollar coins through 2016.

Learn more about how this provision works http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2011...-dollar-coins/

“At the Treasury Department, we’re continuing to work hard in support of President Obama and Vice President Biden’s efforts to cut waste and streamline government,” said Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner. “Putting a stop to the minting of surplus $1 coins represents a significant opportunity to reduce costs and improve efficiency. In these tough times, Americans are making every dollar count, and they deserve the same from their government.

We simply shouldn’t be wasting taxpayer money on money that taxpayers aren’t using.”

http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2011...-dollar-coins/
    Last edited by Chex; 12-21-12 at 04:04 PM.

1. John Malone The cable tycoon has 2.2 million acres stretching from Wyoming to Maine. One of his crown jewels is the Bell Ranch, a 290,100-acre cattle empire.

2. Ted Turner The media magnate has 2 million acres in Nebraska, New Mexico and other states. He is a strong advocate of wildlife conservation.

3. The Emmerson family This low-profile family holds 1.8 million acres through Sierra Pacific Industries, the nation's second largest lumber producer.

4. Brad Kelley The reclusive billionaire, who drives a pick-up truck and made his money from discount cigarettes, owns about 1.5 million acres and uses much of it for cattle ranching.

5. The Irving family The Canadian forestry family behind J.D. Irving Inc. owns 1.2 million acres in Maine and other locations. This year alone, J.D. Irving will plan 30 million seedlings.

1). I want to see the tax bill, the bill of sale how it was paid for, bought from who and who's name the deed is in, and their tax returns.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/five-l...172834939.html
    Last edited by Chex; 12-22-12 at 02:51 PM.

The Parable of the Bags of Gold

“Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.

The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

“After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

“The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

“Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’

“His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

“‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.

Name:  1899 Black Eagle Silver Certificate.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  65.2 KBName:  1899 Black Eagle Silver Certificate Back side.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  57.0 KB
    Name:  1899 Black Eagle Silver Certificate center.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  40.1 KB

federal reserve

Inflation seems to be leveling off, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. The consumer price index held flat for the previous two months, according to a recent report. Resource for this article: bad credit loans pay installments