Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torn from all sides - Colorado State Income Tax

Question Torn from all sides - Colorado State Income Tax

Hello

This is my first post so bear with me. I owe Colorado state back income tax. I made an arrangement for 50.00 per month. I am now unemployed with zero income. I tried to get them to defer payments for a little while until I get a job but having no mercy they wouldn't do it. I paid 25.00 on the Dec 2012 payment which was short but I was down to my last 60.00 so I felt at least I was making an effort. Now it looks like they have turned me over to a collections agency called integrated recoveries who called me on Monday 12/31. I haven't called them back yet but did enough research to know that's what it's about. My question is so what authority do they have besides harassing the crap out of me? Can they seize my bank account, garnish my wages when I get a job? What can they do and if anyone has suggestions (please be kind) on what I can do to deal or not deal with them I would appreciate it.

I mean for crying out loud I'm in a struggle to survive and I'm being harassed by creditors on all ends, calls every hour from 8am to 9pm everyday. I'm looking for a job and I don't even want to answer the phone. Not to mention the battle with the mortgage company. I am sorry I don't mean to sound like a whiner but I really could use some advise if someone can please help me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reticulating splines View Post
    Hello

This is my first post so bear with me. I owe Colorado state back income tax. I made an arrangement for 50.00 per month. I am now unemployed with zero income. I tried to get them to defer payments for a little while until I get a job but having no mercy they wouldn't do it. I paid 25.00 on the Dec 2012 payment which was short but I was down to my last 60.00 so I felt at least I was making an effort. Now it looks like they have turned me over to a collections agency called integrated recoveries who called me on Monday 12/31. I haven't called them back yet but did enough research to know that's what it's about. My question is so what authority do they have besides harassing the crap out of me? Can they seize my bank account, garnish my wages when I get a job? What can they do and if anyone has suggestions (please be kind) on what I can do to deal or not deal with them I would appreciate it.

I mean for crying out loud I'm in a struggle to survive and I'm being harassed by creditors on all ends, calls every hour from 8am to 9pm everyday. I'm looking for a job and I don't even want to answer the phone. Not to mention the battle with the mortgage company. I am sorry I don't mean to sound like a whiner but I really could use some advise if someone can please help me. Thanks
    Welcome to the forum Reticulating Splines.

I would suggest that you tell them not to call again so that you can clear up your phone line and get back to work. I am living in Colorado and know of how cruel the DoR can be to those who endorse. Sorry to hear about that.

If you redeem lawful money then you stay outside that contract nexus with the Fed. However there is quite a bit of credit generated on your prior endorsements and the IRS/DoR would seem to be calling us on the Fraud by Omission bluff we had going for a few years now.

Can they seize my bank account? Great question reticulating splines.

The Transfer, Withdrawal, Release and Indemnity agreement says it all.

Set in the files I have was the case from http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im....complaint.pdf

You want know what they can do, familiarize yourself with this:

Terms and Conditions & Required Disclosures https://www.principal.com/bank/pdfs/tac.pdf

JohnnyCash
    Can they seize my bank account, garnish my wages when I get a job?
    Hello

This is my 148th post so please bare with me. If you put their money in your bank account they sho nuf can. As has been suggested, your first step should be to stop endorsing private credit. I wouldn't worry much about bank rules, here's an example of a corporation that was notified of impending bank levy/seizure: http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...h-Lawful-Money but the company then showed proof that bank account contained LAWFUL MONEY and the IRS backed off - total forgiveness - unless of course you believe it was the argument about golden geese & unicorns that did it.

Since the source of our oppression is central banking, don't feel bad about a little payback. I stopped paying the mortgage long ago and just like Jerome Daly, they haven't kicked me out (remember the bank was paid in full with new currency the day you signed the note). As for collection agencies, several strategies come to mind: R4C, laugh at 'em, ignore them (caller ID helps), or my favorite, breath heavily and ask the rep what they're wearing; then respond with: I ain't wearin nuthin!
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 01-04-13 at 09:21 PM.

Of course the sooner you get started the sooner you end the problems associated with endorsing private credit from the Fed.

Also you might want to start to prepare for the future you don’t want to end up like this

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    Also you might want to start to prepare for the future you don’t want to end up like this
    Keep your affairs of estate private.
    Keep it out of probate court.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 01-05-13 at 03:36 PM.

First and foremost never recommend making ill-advised gifts solely because the tax code dictates a certain outcome.

Part of the planning that goes into making significant gifts should include discussions of whether the proposed gift will both

a) benefit the family in the long run and

b) not disadvantage the donors in any way.

The tax “tail” should never wag the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    First and foremost never recommend making ill-advised gifts solely because the tax code dictates a certain outcome.

Part of the planning that goes into making significant gifts should include discussions of whether the proposed gift will both

a) benefit the family in the long run and

b) not disadvantage the donors in any way.

The tax “tail” should never wag the dog.
    The gift could be placed in an inter vivos trust.

Hello

Hello reticulating splines, welcome to the forum.

Have you asked your debt collection sharks to "cease and desist" from calling you on the phone?
    You can ask them to handle all debt collection matters via written correspondence.

If the debt involves STATE taxes, wage garnishment should be expected.
    Unfortunately, US citizenship makes it nearly impossible to work for a living anymore, if one utilizes the FIRST M LAST, DOB, SSN account entity.
    The taxes, wage garnishments and other debt payments are often greater than the "income", especially for people who are "self employed", and have mortgages and/or student loan payments.

One of the most useful employments left these days for the FIRST M LAST, IMO, is welfare and foodstamps.
    Since we all have to pay hundreds of different taxes, there's no harm in making a small part of that revenue stream benefit us occasionally.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus