Hello

This is my first post so bear with me. I owe Colorado state back income tax. I made an arrangement for 50.00 per month. I am now unemployed with zero income. I tried to get them to defer payments for a little while until I get a job but having no mercy they wouldn't do it. I paid 25.00 on the Dec 2012 payment which was short but I was down to my last 60.00 so I felt at least I was making an effort. Now it looks like they have turned me over to a collections agency called integrated recoveries who called me on Monday 12/31. I haven't called them back yet but did enough research to know that's what it's about. My question is so what authority do they have besides harassing the crap out of me? Can they seize my bank account, garnish my wages when I get a job? What can they do and if anyone has suggestions (please be kind) on what I can do to deal or not deal with them I would appreciate it.

I mean for crying out loud I'm in a struggle to survive and I'm being harassed by creditors on all ends, calls every hour from 8am to 9pm everyday. I'm looking for a job and I don't even want to answer the phone. Not to mention the battle with the mortgage company. I am sorry I don't mean to sound like a whiner but I really could use some advise if someone can please help me. Thanks