Thread: Torn from all sides - Colorado State Income Tax

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reticulating splines View Post
    Hello

This is my first post so bear with me. I owe Colorado state back income tax. I made an arrangement for 50.00 per month. I am now unemployed with zero income. I tried to get them to defer payments for a little while until I get a job but having no mercy they wouldn't do it. I paid 25.00 on the Dec 2012 payment which was short but I was down to my last 60.00 so I felt at least I was making an effort. Now it looks like they have turned me over to a collections agency called integrated recoveries who called me on Monday 12/31. I haven't called them back yet but did enough research to know that's what it's about. My question is so what authority do they have besides harassing the crap out of me? Can they seize my bank account, garnish my wages when I get a job? What can they do and if anyone has suggestions (please be kind) on what I can do to deal or not deal with them I would appreciate it.

I mean for crying out loud I'm in a struggle to survive and I'm being harassed by creditors on all ends, calls every hour from 8am to 9pm everyday. I'm looking for a job and I don't even want to answer the phone. Not to mention the battle with the mortgage company. I am sorry I don't mean to sound like a whiner but I really could use some advise if someone can please help me. Thanks
    Hello reticulating splines, welcome to the forum.

Have you asked your debt collection sharks to "cease and desist" from calling you on the phone?
    You can ask them to handle all debt collection matters via written correspondence.

If the debt involves STATE taxes, wage garnishment should be expected.
    Unfortunately, US citizenship makes it nearly impossible to work for a living anymore, if one utilizes the FIRST M LAST, DOB, SSN account entity.
    The taxes, wage garnishments and other debt payments are often greater than the "income", especially for people who are "self employed", and have mortgages and/or student loan payments.

One of the most useful employments left these days for the FIRST M LAST, IMO, is welfare and foodstamps.
    Since we all have to pay hundreds of different taxes, there's no harm in making a small part of that revenue stream benefit us occasionally.
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

Thanks everyone for the insightful responses and for making me feel welcome. I have a lot of reading/research to do. I don’t expect to be spoon fed but I know I have some questions. I really appreciate the help. Sorry it took me so long to respond. Excellent stuff I am very grateful, you guys are great thanks for the support and willingness to share.