Thread: Torn from all sides - Colorado State Income Tax

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Welcome to the forum Reticulating Splines.

I would suggest that you tell them not to call again so that you can clear up your phone line and get back to work. I am living in Colorado and know of how cruel the DoR can be to those who endorse. Sorry to hear about that.

If you redeem lawful money then you stay outside that contract nexus with the Fed. However there is quite a bit of credit generated on your prior endorsements and the IRS/DoR would seem to be calling us on the Fraud by Omission bluff we had going for a few years now.

Thank you David. Colorado Dept of Revenue is brutal. What I initially owed has grown by hundreds of dollars with the penalties and interest. I was really making an effort to get it paid down for a while but it was going the wrong way. Finally I called and asked why I owed more so much more than I started with when I was making payments for almost a year. I was told that the extra penalties would be stopping after about a year.

I owe the Fed too but at least they deferred me making a payment for a year, not that the interest won't stop.

Now my latest issue with Wastewater, Denver Storm & Drainage service annual fee. It went up by 30.00 and I haven't made it a priority with my circumstances so I just got a certified letter they are going to give notice to the Manager of Finance to process a lien against my house for 108.00 by the end of Jan if it's not paid in full plus interest and filing fees. It's not a lot to pay but I've hit some hard times. Going through this has opened my eyes in many ways. I feel for some of the senior citizens on limited incomes who have their property taxes, insurance and all these other money making loopholes heaved on them to the point where they can't afford their homes even if it's paid off. Seems like the vulnerable are their favorite targets. . At least we have TABOR, HA in your face with TABOR you thieving bums. It can only go so far before people finally say enough is enough you greedy sob's. I want to learn how to put up a fight where I can and or they just mow you over with their self proclaimed authority.
    Last edited by reticulating splines; 01-17-13 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo