Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Made of platinum and worth $1 TRILLION each.

Or maybe what he and others did is deceive folk out of their gold who mistakenly believed themselves to be "citizens of the United States" (colloquial misapplication vs. strict legal meaning) when they were, say, private citizens of New York.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecz View Post
    I have to understand this whole dollar pegged to gold issue...

They say he closed the gold window, I just would like to see the wording, basically how the gold window was closed. It should be in plain english in the codes somewhere, I'm just not seeing it.

I'm under the impression that the FRN and the United states note in essence was brought together in one bill. Our current bill has both the federal reserve seal and the treasurers seal on it.

This made it nearly impossible to seperate the 2 bills in value.
    I like the way you think mikecz.

Treasury Seal
    The Treasury Seal bears the date 1789, the year of the Department's creation. The balance scales represent justice; the key, an emblem of official authority; and the chevron with 13 stars, the 13 original states. On Federal Reserve notes the seal is overprinted in green.

Federal Reserve District Seal
    The Federal Reserve District seal also bears the name of the issuing Federal Reserve Bank and the letter designating that Federal Reserve district.
    A: Boston B: New York C: Philadelphia D: Cleveland
    E: Richmond F: Atlanta G: Chicago H: St. Louis
    I: Minneapolis J: Kansas City K: Dallas L: San Francisco

Like they say "Whats in your wallet."

Pick one:

Name:  stock-photo-silver-one-dollar-coin-39501298.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  47.3 KBName:  United_States_one_dollar_bill,_obverse.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  63.2 KB

I am just using the Silver as a example....

and then you mentioned nixon : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6NfXk7Bvc8
    Last edited by Chex; 01-29-13 at 10:50 PM.

You know ....

... one may wish to stay away from US stamped gold and silver coin and either deal in rounds or foreign gold and silver coin.

US gold and silver coins are legal tender. Its stamp value is what's considered.
    As far as government and the courts are concerned, there is no difference between a $50 gold buffalo coin and a $50 bill.

In fact, you may want to avoid "dollars" and dollar values all together ....
    Last edited by shikamaru; 01-30-13 at 11:23 PM.