Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln killed America

Name:  1862.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  39.6 KB

last attachment did not work in the last post, maybe this one will work,

Thank-you very much, walter.

That is something!

I had not really thought about it before - a demarkation where we began to formally price human flesh and bone like chattel.

Perhaps this is insignificant, but I was thinking a moment ago about a friend of mine who spent a total of 8 years in prison on two stints. I called him and asked him, after his sentence if he was ever required to file a 1040 for any of those years. He said no. According to the IRS, everyone has to file right? You would think that the people easiest to corral and keep account of would be inmates. I haven't researched this but do any of ever file? Maybe I'm reading too much into my passing thought, but doesn't this kind of prove that the people ARE indeed chattel? Their 1040 requirements are satisfied by their improsonment since they are bonded through their SS#...?

As I said, I might be stretching things a bit to fit the narrative but it made me wonder

For the record I dont think any private citizen is compelled to file a 1040 - but the IRS does.

Plus the personal exemption is about $10k, I think. So unless a prisoner earned that much, well...

yeah, but how is the IRS to know that someone made less than $10,000 without the person filing? I know they have their tactics, but can they assume on us all? Its ludicrous. They target whom they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAJiPS View Post
    yeah, but how is the IRS to know that someone made less than $10,000 without the person filing? I know they have their tactics, but can they assume on us all? Its ludicrous. They target whom they wish.
    I was only responding about what the popular notion is. I agree with you.

I think that income minimum would take care of it for most inmates. Also being a formal ward of the state would play a big role. Suppose the convict had investments earning dividends of over $10K for example - these earnings now belong to the State as warden by virtue of the convict being convicted.

I like the way you think though BamaJips. I find it interesting that you would inquire. Are we convicted by a Social Security Number?

Last edited by David Merrill; 01-10-13 at 11:14 AM.

What Prisoners Need To Know

SSA Publication No. 05-10133, ICN 468767, May 2010

Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments generally are not payable for months that you are confined to a jail, prison or certain other public institutions for commission of a crime.

You are not automatically eligible for Social Security or SSI payments when you are released. http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10133.html#a0=-1

If you get retirement, survivors or disability benefits and you are in jail and convicted of a crime, your monthly benefits will stop after you remain in jail for more than 30 continuous days following your conviction date.

If you are in jail awaiting trial, you will continue to get your check until you are convicted.

Hummm, looks like your already deemed convicted.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answ...h0aFlmbA%3D%3D

and there is more