Quote Originally Posted by BAMAJiPS View Post
No no- not represent her... Coach- merely point out the laws in conflict and let her decide what she feels is best. I see how it could get dicey and spiral out of control - however she listens with great interest when I go on about these things. She's intrigued.
I was thinking along the lines of Marc Stevens of Adventures in Legal Land fame if anyone is familiar with his work. He apparently uses parking tickets as a fairly cheap way to get your foot in the door and "break the ice" and train in techniques of handling ones own legal affairs. David mentions a precaution that it could end up costing in excess of $200 - something I'm sure neither she or I would like to see.
If it was me, I already have an entire legal argument written upon my mind, but I've been studying this stuff for a solid three months (I know that's a drop in the bucket but I'm amazed at what I have been able to uncover and retain in that short period of time).

So it appears in my zeal to slay the beast, maybe I inserted my foot into my mouth. It probably would be prudent and best for her to be competent to handle her own affairs completely.

I face the man in black robes Monday morning at 9:am for a review. If I survive that round (they may imprison me for a debt which is unconstitutional according to my state) I plan to start filing the papers that are sure to piss the judge off...
I was just hoping for a dose of ego boost I suppose. A confidence builder. That's the wrong attitude to have and I stand corrected.
Maybe the end result of this is I can turn her on to her own studies where she may be confident enough to handle her own affairs. I would hate to see her expenses jacked up because I suggested something that pissed the judge off.

:-/ like y'all said - no silver bullet.

-regard
Well, in the name of fun, go for it.

Again be keen if the magistrates asks her to explain why she should not be held in contempt of court that she pulls out a wad and (remembering that the record is an audio recording), I have cash in hand your honor. Could you please direct me to the cashier so I can settle this matter immediately?