Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to play the game

I get to go see Judge Craig in the morning. 9am. I filed a motion for continuance, but the court was in the process of moving from the old house to the brand new luxurious multi-million dollar building. Anyways - The judge never moved on it, so I HAVE to show up tomorrow morning or risk a warrant. I have just hit the 2.5 months late on child support (yay economy!) - but I THINK I will be ok.
    Judges LOVE putting dads in jail for months and months with NO clearly defined release date - just when they apparently "feel" like it. (My buddy in Tennessee just got out after 6 months of senseless confinement - how that helped his kids is beyond me).

Anyways - Alabama Constitution Article I Section 20: "That no person shall be imprisoned for debt." is to me as crystal clear language as it gets. Am I missing something here guys?

I guess I am giving my potential farewell for a time being... I was just reading up on Writs of Habeas Corpus and thought that if the judge decides to trample my protected rights (as I read them at least) that once I get to the jail I need to demand the writ before booking? There are other constitutional statutes and I have printed up a little cheat sheet to reference all the particular laws in Alabama such as due process before depriving life, property or liberty and that apparently ties into Article I Section 11 "The right to a trial by jury shall remain inviolate."

Barring fraud, I fail to see how this financial matter can cross over to criminal and then me be deprived of a jury to decide whether or not I go to the slammer....? I know they do what they want, but...?

Laches - "Equity aids the vigilant, not those who slumber on their rights." Am I misinterpreting my rights? Theres only one way to find out and thats to go and assert them and see how much they want to play.
    I am a little confused as to the Writ of Habeas Corpus though, it appears it is supposed to be filed in the state court first, then in the federal. Its against the jailer/sheriff as well I think and NOT against the judge who will be doing it...? Am I mis-applying the writ here?

I'll check beck in the morning and on my phone sitting waiting in court if anyone would entertain my thoughts. Thanks guys

Well that sucked. Judge talked to me like I was the lowest miscreant known to exist and how dare I try to explain anything. I escaped jail for another day but now owe even more money I can't afford. Sigh. What a tyrant.