Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My first steps to redeeming Lawful Money are underway, but I need guidance.

The bank will charge you $100 or so for the privilege of having your funds stolen

I find it encouraging when people find this Website edifying enough to proceed. Thanks Franco!

Thanks for the Tip david Lyn. Franco

I think that when you take your time to help people like me, who are having trouble understanding by breaking down specific issues, you are not only helping me but many other's ,who come here for learning what this is all about.
    Sometimes you say a lot in one "word" or "more". Speaking for myself ,If i take the time to look it up in Blacks Law or on the web, most of the time it will clarify what David is saying to me. I don't take words for granted or assume i know what it means, just because i hear or read their usage various times. if you look at the numbers reading this beginners thread, the numbers are high.
    Once again thank you for the uplifting support and the help. Franco

Sorry , the above thread was a reply to David Merrill's Thread above. Franco

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    Income tax was first done in Britain. It was implemented in the US via the Revenue Act of 1861.

Would happen to have any literature on this? My reference above conflicts with the beginning of your statement.

Here's the Wiki link for Pollock. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollock...n_%26_Trust_Co.

Would you happen to have the Supreme Court case that says that income tax was unconstitutional?
    I did answer your questions, but I'll try again. In your quote above, you referenced (through wikipedia) the income tax act of 1861. Wiki's got some good info in it but it is not always correct. Here's a case where it is not correct. Click on your referenced link to the Tax act of 1861 and scroll down to the bullet item for property tax. You will find this statement.

Property Tax: The Revenue Act of 1861 instituted a tax on real estate, levied in proportion to each state’s population. While the act’s enforcement mechanism was limited, it formally established a system of tax districts, assessors, and collectors, laying the groundwork for the Internal Revenue Service's formation on July 1, 1862.

with a link to Internal Revenue Service.

This is a false statement... the IRS was not formed by the Tax Act of 1862 and has never been created by statute. That's what my previous post regarding footnote 23 of Chrysler V. Brown was about. Only the Commissioner of Internal Revenue was created by the Tax Act of 1862, not the Internal Revenue Service, as the Wiki article claims. The IRS doens't legally exist.

The Tax Act of 1862 repealed the Act of 1861 anyway, and income tax was the eliminated in 1872. Congress passed the Wilson-Gorman Tarriff Act in 1894 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson-Gorman_Tariff_Act that was delcared unconstitutional by the Pollock decision in 1895. I hope this helps.

Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    This is a false statement... the IRS was not formed by the Tax Act of 1862 and has never been created by statute. That's what my previous post regarding footnote 23 of Chrysler V. Brown was about. Only the Commissioner of Internal Revenue was created by the Tax Act of 1862, not the Internal Revenue Service, as the Wiki article claims.
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley
    The IRS doens't legally exist.
    Not so sure on this one.

The Tax Act of 1862 repealed the Act of 1861 anyway, ...
    This is incorrect. The Tax Act of 1862 only repealed the income tax sections (Sections 49, 50, and 51) of the Revenue Act of 1861. Not the entire thing.

... and income tax was the eliminated in 1872.
    The income tax at that time was a wartime tax and temporary.
    According to Wikipedia, the act which expired was the Revenue Act of 1864 which expired in 1873.

Congress passed the Wilson-Gorman Tarriff Act in 1894 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson-Gorman_Tariff_Act that was delcared unconstitutional by the Pollock decision in 1895.
    Revenue Act of 1861 or Act of August 5, 1861, Chap. XLV, 12 Stat. 292

Revenue Act of 1862 or Act of July 1, 1862, Ch, 119, 12 Stat. 432

I'll review the Pollock decision, but I don't believe it says what you are claiming.
    I'll respond later with some dicta from early Supreme Court cases concerning taxation including Springer v. U.S. and Pollock.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 04-25-13 at 10:19 PM.

Can someone help clarify this for me?
    1. I have received letters from chase bank addressed to FIRST M. LAST; instead of in name: First Middle.
    2. I sent a certified mail letter to Chase Bank Mgr. I explained that when I signed the signature cards, I signed in my name and not in the CQV trust. I stated that FIRST M. LAST was my trust and I am the beneficiary to the trust.
    I also told the Mgr. in my letter I wanted all future correspondence in my name, and not in the trust’s name.
    3. After receiving the letter he called me, concerning my letter. He told me he could take the “M” initial out of the CQV name. I explained to him again, that I am First Middle, and I am not the trust name; FIRST I. LAST name. I cannot be both beneficiary and Trustee.
    Then he told me the equipment did not have the capability to send me my correspondence in caps and small letter, that it can only be done in caps.
    He’s solution was still addressing to my CQV trust without MIDDLE initial, or my name all caps.
    4. I told him I would not accept either. I did it in amicable manner. He told me to come in and he would see what do. I don’t like me sending all my issues and solutions in certified mailing, and he not responding in writing. He is getting in the habit of waiting till I come in and discuss it in person or give me a phone call. Like Dave told me in one of his responses, he is probably recording.
    5. My solution for now is writing again and tells him to have the courtesy to answer me in writing. And if he stops me at the bank to question me, just to tell him to please put his questions in writing and send them to me and I will be glad to response. (I need to get evidence in writing).
    I will request that he provide to me the law, rule or regulation he is tracking the language of, in telling me he cannot send me correspondence in my name, but send it instead in CQV Trust name. or send it in my name all in caps.(maybe discrimination; treating me different than other customers.).
    6. Another way to look at it would be, that even though I open the letters addressed to the CQV trust, instead of my name, I am the beneficiary of the trust so I can legally open the letters. (trying to use here what I read from Gerdes information, if I understood correctely)
    7. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you Franco

Glancing at items 1-2 it sounds as though they sent a letter to the trust presuming there is a trustee. That is all.

If you had to hold one person accountable for being the trustee, for example the Secretary of the Treasury, who would it be? Maybe I can start forwarding the mail for FIRST M LAST so they can do their job.