Quote Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I filed at the County Clerks office....It is a public record. I was studying the Libel of review, but it is beyond my knowledge, so far.

I think I gained some more insight, as what I learned is there are four different actions you can take against the gov...Administrative, Civil, Criminal, Admiralty.

The way I understand it, Admiralty is what taxes are collected under.... I think the Libel of Review is filed under the admiralty side of court?....
Let's clean up this taxonomy a bit....

There are (were) 4 types of courts in the US:

a) common law or courts at law
b) equity
c) admiralty/maritime
d) administrative.

Courts at law and courts in equity have been merged into one as to its proceedings. However, their respective bodies of laws and remedies have not been merged. Don't expect any attorner to inform you of the latter.

Proceedings of courts in equity, in admiralty/maritime, and administrative courts all have their roots in Roman Civil Law.

Equity has no criminal form of action. I'd dare say that neither does administrative courts.

Equity was merely a remedial branch of law (Law of Remedies) historically before becoming a substantive branch of law over time.

A historical substantive branch of law (in England) that has no jurisdiction here in the States is Ecclesiastical Law. Ecclesiastical Law has its roots in Roman Civil Law as well.

There are two principal divisions of forms of action:
a) Civil
b) Criminal

In courts at law, there were multiple causes of actions, but since the merger of courts at law and in equity, there is only a single cause of action (civilly) which is called a pleading. Government still maintains common law on the criminal form of action side (for itself).