Some Crosstalk:

Name:  non endorsement without recourse.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  31.5 KB

With XX’s tag line I feel that you basically nullify your signature entirely. Ergo you make no commitment at all. Which is fine because the commitments are all made on the bills by the US Treasurer and Secretary. However this leaves your bank in a position where they are earning no money in any of your transactions. So you may encounter resistance, especially if you are earning any “interest” on any of the accounts.

[This suitor noticed on the website for issuing checks.]

I plan on utilizing my Credit Union's "Snap Deposit" smartphone app to take a picture of my checks and deposit them that way. Interestingly, I found this bit of apparent legal advice in the app's FAQ:

"Be sure your checks have no evidence of alteration or contain a restrictive endorsement."

On that Note:

I deal with Citibank in NYC. I have been using the non endorsement for 3 years now. They always hold part of the funds for 5 days or so. They send me a letter everytime. I get charged 15(service fee) and 8 (atm fee) dollars every month to have an account there that is 0% interest bearing. They even turned away the irs a few years back when they attempted to levy the account saying they did not have any of their property in that account! I really enjoy using lawful money. Thanks David for cracking that nut!
So it looks as though absolute protection costs a little less than $300/year.