Thread: Resistance and Refusal by Banks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Alan View Post
    I'm looking for an easier more direct way as well. I can't shake the question that, if I demand lawful money, what's in it for the bank? Near as I can tell, there is no benefit at all to them, except possibly better public relations.

It also raises another question: since I'm holding FRN's, and if by default that makes me a state Bank, why can't I simply exercise my own demand? As Beneficiary - True Name - I can demand my Trustee - LEGAL NAME - to make good the demand. The Trustor, Congress and the Federal Reserve System, has made this provision in the law.

Unless I'm wrong about the Trustor being the Congress and the Fed (persons of yet another trust).

All of this begs for documentation, which is why it appears necessary for a third party to keep a record, in the event of a controversy. All of tbhis is contingent on me having received a bank draft or check. What if I simply cash the check? What then? Haven't I avoided the entire controversy? Has anyone explored the idea of simply cashing checks with the restrictive endorsement on the back?
    That is the issue of the interest. There is really nothing in it for the bank. Except to adhere to responsibility to the public. If you are reducing the national debt then you are a minister of the Public Trust - Article VI of the Constitution.

Cashing checks with the restrictive endorsement on the back? What is the difference between a check and a withdrawal slip?

Strike through Pay to the order of...
    Last edited by David Merrill; 01-13-13 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    That is the issue of the interest. There is really nothing in it for the bank. Except to adhere to responsibility to the public. If you are reducing the national debt then you are a minister of the Public Trust - Article VI of the Constitution.

Cashing checks with the restrictive endorsement on the back? What is the difference between a check and a withdrawal slip?

Strike through Pay to the order of...
    Yes, that looks very simple to me. Strike through, restrictively endorse, photocopy and cash. The difference is convenience. I get multiple checks from people, so it follows I would need to spend an afternoon every week going to each bank and cashing them. Here in California (I don't know about other states) it's a pain, since they want fingerprints, and there are restrictions on receiving too large of an amount. But this appeals to me more than notice and demand and evidence repositories, even though those are probably wise things to do.