Thread: Resistance and Refusal by Banks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
    I type all of this to say, go to BofA. They seem to have better a better legal department than many other banks.
    Wells Fargo has never given me any trouble about this matter, either. It seems the top or major five or six U.S. banks may be aware of this and will adjust their accounting to reflect the demand.

Within the past two years they (Wells Fargo) required different stipulations for their accounts which required my opening a personal savings account in connection with the checking account already opened in order to avoid incurring additional fees. I did so at that time, making the demand for lawful money on the signature application form. The "banker/clerk" helping me didn't seem to understand anything about the novation and let it pass without comment.

Well, for the first year or so there were interest payments being added to the account (pennies really, but an interest payment nonetheless). Then just within the past three months, those interest payments stopped showing up on my monthly statements for that account. I figured that someone at the bank must have finally noticed the demand and rearranged the bank's acknowledgement to reflect the demand.
    Last edited by KnowLaw; 01-13-13 at 04:28 PM.