I have been redeeming lawful money for several years. All of the bank accounts that I have opened recently have been with small state banks, not Wells Fargo or BofA, and have never heard the first peep of objection when I stamp the signature card "Demand is made for lawful money per 12USC411". The bank accounts were opened as non-interest bearing checking accounts. Time passes. Small state bank is now acquired by a little larger state bank, but still not a National Bank. Since accounts are now under new banks accounting system, I have been getting small interest amounts credited to my checking account each month, just a few cents.

Question: Should the fact that I'm now in receipt of interest make any difference on the fact that I've demanded lawful money on the original signature card? I did not request that these accounts be paid interest, and they never did receive interest prior to the merger. I'm wondering what impact this might have on the status of my accounts being lawful money accounts. Do I need to send my friendly personal banker a letter and point out that I'm now receiving interest and would prefer not to and reiterate that I am demanding lawful money for my accounts?