Thanks to all for the options out there. I am waiting word on my bank as to whether they will allow a change to the current account.

David, regarding your prior post below of 'where to go' if the banks refuse you, I believe a little moxy as you say in standing firm. If in fact lawful money can only be redeemed by a Federal Reserve Bank (if you read USC 411 that way), then I would think the member bank could simply pass on your demand to their neighborhood FRB as a credit to the member bank in that amount. If the bank is still resistant to the demand, then I would perhaps ask their legal department to provide me a remedy to their contention that they are not required to redeem in lawful money, as remedy to not honoring my demand is required by law, correct?

My experience (through the brain trust) tells me that if the suitor knows what he is doing he will get the novation in place mostly because the bank has fiduciary responsibility to do business with you. In other words they may try convincing you to close down your account and if you are conditioned to obey, you will. They will not close down your account unless you are costing them like with the suitor where the employees were fired. That cost a lot so they shut down the accounts.
David, as an aside to your above post, were the bank employees fired because they were not submitting the lawful money notes into their accounting properly?

Thank you.