Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Resistance and Refusal by Banks

Very nice.

I am more toward getting the Fed notified correctly and then serving the bank. Then you forget about it but keep making your Demand whenever.

As for opening an account though - very nice.

It strikes me that instead of the letter the Response or Default from the Board would probably cover it and the bank would open the account. But I have not put that to the test.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 03-08-13 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Fixed "of" to "or".

I have been redeeming lawful money for several years. All of the bank accounts that I have opened recently have been with small state banks, not Wells Fargo or BofA, and have never heard the first peep of objection when I stamp the signature card "Demand is made for lawful money per 12USC411". The bank accounts were opened as non-interest bearing checking accounts. Time passes. Small state bank is now acquired by a little larger state bank, but still not a National Bank. Since accounts are now under new banks accounting system, I have been getting small interest amounts credited to my checking account each month, just a few cents.

Question: Should the fact that I'm now in receipt of interest make any difference on the fact that I've demanded lawful money on the original signature card? I did not request that these accounts be paid interest, and they never did receive interest prior to the merger. I'm wondering what impact this might have on the status of my accounts being lawful money accounts. Do I need to send my friendly personal banker a letter and point out that I'm now receiving interest and would prefer not to and reiterate that I am demanding lawful money for my accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    I have been redeeming lawful money for several years. All of the bank accounts that I have opened recently have been with small state banks, not Wells Fargo or BofA, and have never heard the first peep of objection when I stamp the signature card "Demand is made for lawful money per 12USC411". The bank accounts were opened as non-interest bearing checking accounts. Time passes. Small state bank is now acquired by a little larger state bank, but still not a National Bank. Since accounts are now under new banks accounting system, I have been getting small interest amounts credited to my checking account each month, just a few cents.

Question: Should the fact that I'm now in receipt of interest make any difference on the fact that I've demanded lawful money on the original signature card? I did not request that these accounts be paid interest, and they never did receive interest prior to the merger. I'm wondering what impact this might have on the status of my accounts being lawful money accounts. Do I need to send my friendly personal banker a letter and point out that I'm now receiving interest and would prefer not to and reiterate that I am demanding lawful money for my accounts?
    I agree. The Demand probably missed the new bank's attention during attornment. If somebody wants to give you free change as a gift so what?

I think the question is - do you have a copy of the Signature Card(s)?

If not then maybe the problems you suggest could arise. If you do then I imagine the worst that might happen is that they change your account to non-interest bearing.

There is likely a clause that they can close you account for no reason but I suppose that might be more likely to happen if you bring the new bank's attention to the Demand than not.

I really would not like to send the bank anything that might call their attention to my demands for lawful money. The personnel in the bank are the same ones I dealt with before the merger, I've been banking with them for 3 years or so. Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of the signature card. Maybe it would be wise to open another account with a new signature card and demand lawful money on the new signature card and snap a picture of it with my iPhone, then close the old account and start using the new one. Or is that being overly paranoid?

Updated 7/6/13 About a month ago, I went into the bank and asked for a copy of the original signature card which they had in a 3 ring binder. It was the original, because my RLM stamp was in red ink and it was the original card, not a copy. The happily made a copy of it for me. End of story.
    Last edited by bigred; 07-07-13 at 12:45 AM.

stoneFree
    I agree with David. And I've had little trouble with Bank of America. In fact I setup my "person's" first lawful money account there. And they never seem to care about the endorsement. They have those ATM machines that scan-in checks - here's backside of the last one: just the stamp. I have even seen BOA accept non-endorsed checks; totally blank.

In fact I'm not sure what you're all hoping to accomplish with all that letter-writing. You have only to make your demand, and document it.

I don't keep much $ in banks though. I mean ... why would you keep your "money" in an insolvent institution called a BANK!?
    http://src-fla.us/index.php/news2e62...riday-roadtrip

There is some anecdotal evidence that those with NO BANK ACCOUNT AT ALL (Woodone) have an easier time beating the Fed's IRS. Think about it, without some evidence, without some bank trail, of you endorsing private credit of the Fed, what will the DoJ/IRS rely on? You are someone Right Worshipful F.D.R. was unable to PERSUADE into depositing your salary into one of those new trust accounts:

Name:  governmentbondslarge.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  62.9 KB
    Last edited by stoneFree; 03-08-13 at 11:12 PM.

I really would not like to send the bank anything that might call their attention to my demands for lawful money. The personnel in the bank are the same ones I dealt with before the merger, I've been banking with them for 3 years or so. Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of the signature card. Maybe it would be wise to open another account with a new signature card and demand lawful money on the new signature card and snap a picture of it with my iPhone, then close the old account and start using the new one. Or is that being overly paranoid?
    I think that makes no sense unless I sympathize with your conditioning. Why not ask a teller to run a copy of your Signature Card? Remember the magic words; please and thank you!

P.S. Stonefree;

A suitor wrote recently that the letters to her ended almost immediately when she closed her bank accounts. Her husband still has an account and still gets the administrative letters.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 03-09-13 at 02:35 AM.

A suitor wrote recently that the letters to her ended almost immediately when she closed her bank accounts. Her husband still has an account and still gets the administrative letters.
    From Who? Auntie Iris?

Sorry, the letters badgering from the IRS. - From back a few years with CtC by Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Very nice.

I am more toward getting the Fed notified correctly and then serving the bank. Then you forget about it but keep making your Demand whenever.

As for opening an account though - very nice.

It strikes me that instead of the letter the Response or Default from the Board would probably cover it and the bank would open the account. But I have not put that to the test.
    Yes David I agree with you - this is why I added the phrase ", I then will presume that BOA has willfully violated my rights to demand lawful money and will pursue the matter with the powers that be for relief." The PTB are the comptroller of the currency and the FRB. I did not want to "threaten too much" as a Peaceful Inhabitant, it is not about $$, but rather the compliance.

The key is to make them personallyliable for failing to follow THEIR laws. When it hits them in THEIR pocket, it sheds a different light

It should be noted the BANK will not respond - they really can not. Then after 35 days and no response you send a letter of "ACKNOWLDGEMENT AND DEFAULT" offering them once last time to resond within 10 days. I would add a little more threat to this letter - add the comptroller, FRB, AG, SOS, and a little tid bit of any further costs to me for the you mr. bank officer shall be held personally liable, including adminstration fees of $$$. Once again they will fail to respond. Then you must do a thrid letter "ACKNOWLDGEMENT AND FINAL NOTICE OF DEFAULT. And then you got them. YAY!!!

I am about to do this with wells fargo, I just have not gotten there yet. I went there about a month ago, and spoke with a rep. YOU CAN NOT SPEAK WITH A REP, you must speak with an officer of the bank. The rep is only doing his job by telling you NO. You can not get upset. Just know you are wasting your time. It was the first time, I went to a bank and wanted to open an account and put the disclaimer on the signature card. It is actually funny to see the reaction on their faces when they learn what it means. Its almost worth the entertainment.

This is what I am planning to do: go back to wells fargo and ask to speak with the president or officer, in hand I will have various laws - pertaining to redeeming lawful money and the ISSUE of the SSN. Talk real nice but explain it is not a request it is a demand. It is the banks required fiduciary duty to provide me with the laws that require me to provide them with a SSN and I can not do lawful money. A stupid repsonse from the officer is - oh its in the patriot act - you have to comply is not a response. It is BS. You specifically have the patriot act with you. I have not been able to find anywhere where it says a SSN is required. The officer must be specific as the law. Have no issue FOR THAT DAY, walking out of the bank with your tail between your legs if the officer says no way jose. Make sure you obtain the officer's business card and ensure that in fact, he is an officer of the bank. YOU THEM SEND HIM REGISTERED [ONLY] LETTERS. You go to the post office, and ask the clerk to stamp a copy or ask the clerk to make a copy with their red date stamp on your copy, thus making a "record". Records can not be rebutted easily. You do this three times as necessary when the bank officer fails to respond.

You are well on your well to getting the bank in trouble plus having mr. officer's no longer working in that position. Yes, do follow David's recommendation of signing the back of checks with the redeem for LM.... its not all that important to have the discalimer on the signature card as you are still redeeming LM regardless.

Tony

We all have to remember that it is our job to prove the "record" not theirs. I personally would not trust the bank to do the honorable thing - let's say if you were ever questioned by the IRS - that signature card can easily be "fixed".

Should I be successful with wells fargo [and at this time I am feelin good about the success because it is so using their system agains them for a change with the three letters as stated above], at the time the signature card is done, I would ask the bank notary to provide me a statement that the signature card is in fact and accurate and true copy of the original held by the bank and have the officer sign off on it. Will they do this? I do not know - but backing their asses in a corner with no wiggle room [particularly for the little money I will have in the account - lol] makes them think twice. But I do live in Florida and most people can not think here very well LOL. So I am often not suprised for stupidity.