Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 100 years of the Federal Reserve and IRS

stoneFree
    Yes. But note the income tax provision (Sections 49, 50 and 51) of the 1861 Act was repealed by the Revenue Act of 1862. I'm not certain it ever collected any income tax.
    The law included a direct tax as originally proposed by Treasury Secretary Chase, as well as 3 percent levy on all incomes exceeding $800. 49 With such a high exemption, only the richest were expected to pay; historians have estimated that this first income tax applied to only 3 percent of the population. 50 Congress levied the tax on money earned during calendar year 1861, with payment due within six months. They left collection methods, however, largely unspecified. States were encouraged to assume the direct tax and collect the money as they saw fit. Collection for other federal taxes was left up in the air. With Congress slated to return from recess later in the year, the law was widely considered provisional. 51

[42] Clearly, the income tax posed the biggest collection problems. For its part, the Treasury Department was less than enthusiastic about the new tax.
    http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/readin...8?OpenDocument

Quote Originally Posted by stoneFree View Post
    Yes. But note the income tax provision (Sections 49, 50 and 51) of the 1861 Act was repealed by the Revenue Act of 1862. I'm not certain it ever collected any income tax.

http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/readin...8?OpenDocument
    It didn't. The Revenue Act of 1862 superseded the previous act before collection could start.

Notice it went from a flat tax to a progressive tax.

Some RECENT x- Talk

Federal and state courts since then have repeatedly held thatFederal Reserve notes are also "lawful money." Milam v. U.S., 524 F.2d 629 (9th Cir. 1974),

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_15197.htm

How can this be?

Response by MJ:

This is OBFUSCATION. Milam did not hold that opinion. I have Milam and they do not hold that FRN's are Lawful Money but that they may be REDEEMED in Lawful Money. As far as I can tell, FRN's are Lawful to Use as a Legal Tender, but FRN's are NOT Lawful Money as defined by Congress.

Exactly what did MILAM bring into the common law? See Attachment

Furthermore - the FRN is a DUAL CAPACITY note: We find that here: LEGAL TENDER STATUS

Shall we take it from the Horses Mouth and not from a private bank:

What are United States Notes and how are they different from Federal Reserve notes?

United States Notes (characterized by a red seal and serial number) were the first national currency, authorized by the Legal Tender Act of 1862 and began circulating during the Civil War. The Treasury Department issued these notes directly into circulation, and they are obligations of the United States Government. The issuance of United States Notes is subject to limitations established by Congress. It established a statutory limitation of $300 million on the amount of United States Notes authorized to be outstanding and in circulation. While this was a significant figure in Civil War days, it is now a very small fraction of the total currency in circulation in the United States.

Both United States Notes and Federal Reserve Notes are parts of our national currency and both are legal tender. They circulate as money in the same way. However, the issuing authority for them comes from different statutes. United States Notes were redeemable in gold until 1933, when the United States abandoned the gold standard. Since then, both currencies have served essentially the same purpose, and have had the same value. Because United States Notes serve no function that is not already adequately served by Federal Reserve Notes, their issuance was discontinued, and none have been placed in to circulation since January 21, 1971.

The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 authorized the production and circulation of Federal Reserve notes. Although the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) prints these notes, they move into circulation through the Federal Reserve System. They are obligations of both the Federal Reserve System and the United States Government. On Federal Reserve notes, the seals and serial numbers appear in green.

United States notes serve no function that is not already adequately served by Federal Reserve notes. As a result, the Treasury Department stopped issuing United States notes, and none have been placed into circulation since January 21, 1971.

======

Now it is clear to this reader that the FRN serves in a DUAL role but that the FRN is a legal tender but is NOT lawful money. So lets frame this properly shall we? While the FRN is therefore lawful to use as a legal tender, the FRN is not Lawful Money as defined by Congress but can be Redeemed. Therefore Cash effectively serves as Lawful Money but only according to what is between your ears. Now therefore will you become the Surety or will you allow the Trustees to perform?

A good explanation can be found here.

In USA v. THOMAS we find:

Admiralty Law > Forfeitures & Penalties > Criminal Forfeitures
    Criminal Law & Procedure > Sentencing > Forfeitures > General Overview
    Real Property Law > Financing > Federal Regulations > Farm Credit Act

[HN4] Historically, forfeiture proceeded from the legal fiction that property used in the commission of a crime itself
    offends the law. The forfeited res, as a legal entity, is identical with the physical article when the property is, for
    example, a sea vessel, an automobile, or a firearm. Currency, however, differs substantially from such objects.

Paper currency, in the form of the Federal Reserve Note, is defined as an obligation of the United States that may be redeemed in lawful money on demand. 12 U.S.C.S. § 411.

Those bills are not money per se but promissory notes supported by the monetary reserves of the United States.

When an individual engages in a criminal transaction with paper currency,
    although the individual certainly uses the notes to accomplish the criminal end, the currency's monetary value funds the
    transaction and is also an appropriate target of forfeiture. That result also follows from the fact that an individual who
    uses legal documents representing ownership of land to raise funds for a criminal purpose renders the land itself subject
    to forfeiture. It would be absurd, in that case, to suppose that forfeiture could attach only to the document and not to the
    legal interests represented by that document.

The United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit thus holds that authorities do not abandon the res when they convert currency to a cashier's check.

[emphasis added by MJ - USN's are Lawful Money - why be the Surety]

Notice the language concerning land - interesting. Learn Trust Law. The Res....The Res.....The Res.....

Shalom,
    MJ
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 02-08-13 at 01:20 AM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!

Michael Joseph,
    maybe I get hung up on symantics too much, but on the excellent link you supply to the Federal Reserve site, where they do seem to obfuscate their products bona fides, there is a link at the page bottom that then discussed coins.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12626.htm

They work to inform that:
    The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is the issuing authority for Federal Reserve notes, the primary form of currency in circulation in the United States.

For me the symantics comes from their use of primary, which would in my mind surely imply not the only form of currency...

The state is on the hook for the liability and the con is getting you to act as a surety for it, why else would the registrar get indemnity, he is the testater if he is the one registering the name and their agent a filer. State working as agent as well for the primary trust, but as beneficiary/trustee. Still leaves us third party beneficiary for what they created, adhesion and a presumption by the low level fruit who are not told the truth, they only know what they know, this is why when they are questioned about anything they tell you to straighten it out in court.

Insurance claims and pledge of credit; I would imagine this same organization [business plan] is setup in every country who takes part in the United Nations at least. Much like the certificate of live birth is evidence of who is holding title so is the back of the One Use dollar showing the silver seal showing evidence of title holder, if the states according to constitution cannot make anything but gold and silver as payment on debts, this is what they used to bond up the pledge to the federal insurance trust. Therefore they would throw in another illusion making us think that taxes were the premiums to pay for the insurance, but if the mortgage to debt document is correct that the money is really not needed because it is backed up by the mortgaged homes then this is not so, the only thing that could be left is any covenant that was made to the pope's claims on all the lands of the earth, taxes for rents of land to put them homes on and other commercial buildings. This is the spiritual battle that takes place, the earth was given to all of man, not one single man. It is funny that they would probably make the same argument that a cop claims on the side of the road instead of showing proof of claim, he will say look at my uniform, look at the vehicle i am driving, look at my ticket book, the pope would probably say the same, look at my septor, look at my robe, look at the house of gold i live in. However do not mis-understand I am not critical of the man or the office of the bishop of the church of rome - I believe that office is allowed to exist in the world by a much Higher Power not of this world. There must be choice!

So then shall we consider TYPE and ANTI-TYPE in Scripture:

=====

Isn't it interesting in a way you have Secular Humanism PUSHING against the peoples demand for a Religious System. Thing is the Two sister churches of Israel - Moab and Median have consulted with Balaam and they are now wearing mini-skirts. So you see in typology what appears to be righteous only appears to be righteous because it is what appears to be the only other choice against a Secular system that is being run into Chaos. This too is a great deception.

But remember the Things SEEN are made by things UN-SEEN. So because the men and women of this flesh age desired to SEE a man-king - they get what they desire - but there still lies a third choice!

Give unto Ceasar what is Ceasars give unto God what is Gods. So we see a Dragon in the Midst of the Seas. But we also see in Spiritual Typology - the Israel of Elohim. The latter Assembly knows no national boundaries - for we are all sons and daughters of El Elyon [THE MOST HIGH GOD]

Some shall arise as Phineas and place a Javelin in the False Church system. Election of Elohim.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 02-09-13 at 07:40 PM.

Therefore they would throw in another illusion making us think that taxes were the premiums to pay for the insurance, but if the mortgage to debt document is correct that the money is really not needed because it is backed up by the mortgaged homes then this is not so, the only thing that could be left is any covenant that was made to the pope's claims on all the lands of the earth, taxes for rents of land to put them homes on and other commercial buildings.
    That would be the Treaty of 1213. - Two years prior to the Magna Charta and both of them were in the witness of the Masons.

This tidbit comes from the passingbucks dot com website:

"People are kidding themselves.
    They don't have the buying power they used to have.
    A lot of the people living today don't know what the buying power of success was before we decided to use excessive income taxes to punish success and estate and gift taxes to force every generation to start from scratch.

Writer unknown, Why The Income Tax Is Bad, Interview with T. Coleman Andrews, Former Commissioner of Internal Revenue, US News and World Report, May 25, 1956."
    Treefarmer

There is power in the blood of Jesus

...income taxes to punish success and estate and gift taxes to force every generation to start from scratch.
    That saddens me, all the people stuck in that endorsement paradigm.

I rely and trust in my perpetual inheritance (§VI) as guaranteed by I Chronicles 6 (cities and their suburbs) through my servants and custodians of the record, the Levite priesthood.

When heritage and destiny are in accord, there is peace.

MJ >
    In USA v. THOMAS we find:

Admiralty Law > Forfeitures & Penalties > Criminal Forfeitures
    Criminal Law & Procedure > Sentencing > Forfeitures > General Overview
    Real Property Law > Financing > Federal Regulations > Farm Credit Act

[HN4] Historically, forfeiture proceeded from the legal fiction that property used in the commission of a crime itself
    offends the law. The forfeited res, as a legal entity, is identical with the physical article when the property is, for
    example, a sea vessel, an automobile, or a firearm. Currency, however, differs substantially from such objects.
    Civil asset forfeitures are big business for police agencies in Michigan. February 22, 2015.

The seizure was allowed under Michigan's Civil Asset Forfeiture laws, which allow police to take property from citizens if they suspect a crime was committed, even when there is not enough evidence to charge them. Homeowners like Williams have to prove they did not purchase their property with proceeds from criminal activity and then sue to get the property back.
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    MJ >

Civil asset forfeitures are big business for police agencies in Michigan. February 22, 2015.

The seizure was allowed under Michigan's Civil Asset Forfeiture laws, which allow police to take property from citizens if they suspect a crime was committed, even when there is not enough evidence to charge them. Homeowners like Williams have to prove they did not purchase their property with proceeds from criminal activity and then sue to get the property back.
    Keep reading USA v THOMAS and you will find a WONDERFUL Gem. I promise it is there. Just keep reading.

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 02-22-15 at 08:37 PM.