Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
The futurist rapture teaching has never made any sense to me; the historicist interpretation is the only one which I find supported by my own reading of the scriptures.

I believe that the book The Great Controversy by Ellen G. White correctly explains how Bible prophecy will work out in our time. I don't mean to say that this book explains absolutely everything that will ever happen; but I believe that it contains a decent outline of some very important events which have and will happen in our lifetime.
Thank you for the lead Treefarmer. The class I am attending is a small group of six including the teacher, and all elderly and very faithful people. It is an apocalyptic mystery cult, as their views, while they enjoy projecting do not at all reflect the general sentiment of the megachurch wherein we meet.

I am an historicist should I pigeonhole myself at this moment. I recognize that prophecies have initial, ongoing and final fulfilments. This allows me the best wiggleroom for rationalizing if you will...

Thank you for the link Michael Joseph! The thread asks everybody to please discuss their take on Pre-Tribulation Rapture. That you decline is respected. I certainly expect it could be a hot-button and opened the thread for some spice.

Having discovered a real apocalyptic mystery cult just down the street I find myself awaiting the next class with no little excitement!

Regards,

David Merrill.