I am studying displacement hysteria. Layman term - imagination disorder. Another extreme I am studying is A Course in Miracles where Jesus CHRIST allegedly spoke directly to Helen SCHUCMAN for seven years.

Last class with ACIM:

I. The Direction of the CurriculumT-8.I.1. Knowledge is not the motivation for learning this course. 2 Peace is. 3 This is the prerequisite for knowledge only because those who are in conflict are not peaceful, and peace is the condition of knowledge because it is the condition of the Kingdom...

T-8.I.3. Every response to the ego is a call to war, and war does deprive you of peace. 2 Yet in this war there is no opponent. 3 This is the reinterpretation of reality that you must make to secure peace, and the only one you need ever make....

...A meaningful curriculum cannot be inconsistent. 5 If it is planned by two teachers, each believing in diametrically opposed ideas, it cannot be integrated. 6 If it is carried out by these two teachers simultaneously, each one merely interferes with the other. 7 This leads to fluctuation, but not to change. 8 The volatile have no direction. 9 They cannot choose one because they cannot relinquish the other, even if it does not exist. 10 Their conflicted curriculum teaches them that [all] directions exist, and gives them no rationale for choice.

T-8.I.6. The total senselessness of such a curriculum must be fully recognized before a real change in direction becomes possible. 2 You cannot learn simultaneously from two teachers who are in total disagreement about everything. 3 Their joint curriculum presents an impossible learning task. 4 They are teaching you entirely different things in entirely different ways, which might be possible except that both are teaching you about yourself. 5 Your reality is unaffected by both, but if you listen to both, your mind will be split about what your reality is.

Fear of the Will of God is one of the strangest beliefs the human mind has ever made. 2 It could not possibly have occurred unless the mind were already profoundly split, making it possible for it to be afraid of what it really is. 3 Reality cannot "threaten" anything except illusions, since reality can only uphold truth...
I think you can understand why I find that appealing, if you have been reading about how Colorado is a War Chest more than a proper 1861 Territory etc.

But that book is Subproject 130 of CIA's MK-ULTRA so I cannot rely on it to change my mind. I will not crack it open except in class where I have the Holy Spirit of God from the classmates to help me with my individual interpretation. I guard my belief set.

Likewise on the other side of things are the Rosicrucians and their admonition that the Book of Revelation is within and without - like Jesus says about the kingdom of heaven. [I watched the series premiere of Zero Hour last night and am interested.]

The pre-tribulation rapture folks though, I am studying out of an appreciation that we, to a great extent create reality. So they wait and are called Futurists. ACIM teaches us that the purpose of time is to Remember that we are much more unified with God than the priests would like for us to acknowledge anyway. Read that introductory RC paragraph for that note. So my objective was to evaluate how much flack from their Armageddon I might expect to live with in my own life - my little corner on "reality".

I have come to the conclusion, for now, that Futurism is self defeating. They cannot be praying in any kind of disaster that I have to live with in my reality because Futurism has them stuck waiting for God to do things.

I think if you read the chapter from The Other End of the World I linked in the opening post that you would have already gathered I am not pro-pre-trib Rapture. Interestingly I carry a masonic Bible to class and it seems to freak them all out a bit. I am not a Mason - I think I got the Mason Bible at a yard sale...

Regards,

David Merrill.