Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOLD CERTIFITCATES siezed in 1933-34 to be re-released to the public!!

GOLD CERTIFITCATES siezed in 1933-34 to be re-released to the public!!

We have from time to time posted about the ~300 Million in Gold coins returned to the Government in 1933-34 by public holders in FDR's "New Deal". I have postulated that it is these exact gold coins that "back" our demand for lawful money per 12 USC 411. I also have postulated that above the $1 and $2 'dollar' denominations, currently issued "FRNS" are in fact, 2 faced Notes, on the left of the note, the FRN, on the right (both sealed and separated by clear and defined boarders) is the US Treasury Note.

I agree with David he has found at least part of these coins, available to public viewing (since it is a public trust and they are public property), he can link that here if he wishes.

Also turned in by the public were 400 million in US Gold Certificates. Now, read this:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...#ixzz2LHrzwGxQ

"To save $2,000,000 worth of nylon, paper, ink and printing, Treasury employes will dust off some long-stored bundles of pre-Roosevelt Federal Reserve gold notes, put $4,200,000,000 worth into circulation. They won't be, as promised on their face, "redeemable in gold on demand." Like all New Deal Federal Reserve notes, they may be exchanged only for "lawful money of the United States," i.e., smaller bills or coin."

Seems the Treasury itself held on to those Gold Certs and are so desperate to keep new FRNS from being issued, they are returning said notes to circulation!! This is more evidence to me the Gold coins were also held by the US Treasury! Of course, it seems the GOLD offered in redemption of the 400 million Gold Certs is not there any more, since the soon to be re-issued GOLD CERTS can only be redeemed or "LAWFUL MONEY OF THE UNITED STATES".

I have long held there are people at the treasury quietly working to get remedy from the FRN out to the public. Maybe the re issuance of "old gold certs" and the notice they are "redeemable" will get more people asking questions?

Interesting...

Bring your finding here so we can continue the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by martin earl View Post
    We have from time to time posted about the ~300 Million in Gold coins returned to the Government in 1933-34 by public holders in FDR's "New Deal". I have postulated that it is these exact gold coins that "back" our demand for lawful money per 12 USC 411. I also have postulated that above the $1 and $2 'dollar' denominations, currently issued "FRNS" are in fact, 2 faced Notes, on the left of the note, the FRN, on the right (both sealed and separated by clear and defined boarders) is the US Treasury Note.

I agree with David he has found at least part of these coins, available to public viewing (since it is a public trust and they are public property), he can link that here if he wishes.

Also turned in by the public were 400 million in US Gold Certificates. Now, read this:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...#ixzz2LHrzwGxQ

"To save $2,000,000 worth of nylon, paper, ink and printing, Treasury employes will dust off some long-stored bundles of pre-Roosevelt Federal Reserve gold notes, put $4,200,000,000 worth into circulation. They won't be, as promised on their face, "redeemable in gold on demand." Like all New Deal Federal Reserve notes, they may be exchanged only for "lawful money of the United States," i.e., smaller bills or coin."

Seems the Treasury itself held on to those Gold Certs and are so desperate to keep new FRNS from being issued, they are returning said notes to circulation!! This is more evidence to me the Gold coins were also held by the US Treasury! Of course, it seems the GOLD offered in redemption of the 400 million Gold Certs is not there any more, since the soon to be re-issued GOLD CERTS can only be redeemed or "LAWFUL MONEY OF THE UNITED STATES".

I have long held there are people at the treasury quietly working to get remedy from the FRN out to the public. Maybe the re issuance of "old gold certs" and the notice they are "redeemable" will get more people asking questions?

Interesting...
    Article from July 13th 1942

Your post contains an intrigueing hypothesis, a profound theory and a most delightful mental model! - All in one post!

I may lose sleep over that.

P.S. After losing some sleep what I find bugging me is that there would be anywhere near $4.2B of these notes in storage. However the Treasury may just be printing up $4.2B in more currency to "inject" into the economy. They will just supplement the effort to create paper by saving $2M with notes they have laying around in the vault?

No wonder it seems to be taking weeks to find a new Secretary! I plugged Secretary of the Treasury bio into a search engine. Four of the Five first hits are about GEITHNER and the second hit is about "acting" Secretary - Deputy Secretary WOLIN. So maybe my Hundred Year Charter theory is signalling the job will only last until Christmas (one hundred years)? Or possibly too, we had Bailouts (license to print without bond), then Derivative Markets went wild and that moved into absurd plunge protection of the Market - which turned into "Quantitative Easing"...

And now, the injection of currency is getting too big for the printing presses?

Maybe it is God. The President just plain can't find anybody stupid enough to take the position? Listen for "David Merrill ((Ed) MURROW) rolling over in his grave..." Something seems ominous to watch the Center for Creative Leadership come into view like the Emerald City (Oz) as Lindsay BUCKINGHAM sings - Faceless gold makes the spirit mean...
    Last edited by David Merrill; 02-20-13 at 11:44 AM.

Unfortunately...

From the dailypaul...

12 U.S.C. § 341
    [quote]
    Sec. 4 ... the said Federal reserve bank shall become a body corporate and as such ... shall have power: ... Second. To have succession for a period of twenty years from its organization unless it is sooner dissolved by an Act of Congress, or unless its franchise becomes forfeited by some violation of law. Federal Reserve Act of 1913 (P.L. 63-43, 38 STAT. 251, 12 USC 221).

However, this 20-year corporate life was changed to perpetual in 1927 by Act of Feb. 25, 1927 (44 Stat. 1234) as follows:

Second. To have succession after February 25, 1927, until dissolved by Act of Congress or until forfeiture of franchise for violation of law.
    [/quote

This institution is making me physically sick. I can't get over the evil perpetrated. We live in a sort of fairyland, everything since 1913 has been unnatural, fiat money is organized and centralized, and forces business as well as personal development with a steady "invisible" hand, yet this hand controlled by the cartel. Almost everything that has evolved in this country since we went off honest money has been a product of this control. Wars, financial ruin, moral decay has all been perpetrated for the sole purpose of power and financial gain by a small group of men. Part of me is envious, wanting to be "on their side", because their power is limitless. The problem is they have such as grasp, just after a 20 year charter, their "board of governors" from the 2nd Bank of the United States threatened to "ruin" the economy, and even began a campaign against Andrew Jackson. They don't care about the welfare of Americans, it's a profit driven institution. I read most states still have the gold/silver clause but, when FDR pulled the plug on gold in 1933, he effectively suspended those states from operating legally. This is absolute craziness. I'm not sure how to reduce their power, but websites like this, Americans making steps to inform and execute is at the core where it begins. Sorry for the rant...I digress...
    Last edited by mikecz; 02-20-13 at 04:35 PM.

A few months ago, I was on the Treasury website and I saw the NOTICE about buying coins at face value and the treasury would ship them free of postage charge.

The posted reason for the program? TO REDUCE THE NATIONAL DEBT! Another subtle move by the Treasury for REDEMPTION per 12 USC 411!! I have looked for it again, but cannot find it, there are so many bulletins on their website I just cannot find it.

That program was ended. People werr ordering thousands of dollars of these coins on their credit cards, and when received, promptly paid off their balances.the whole point was to track up free rewards on the cards. Freaking awesome idea, in a way, its a little similar to what the fed does with FRNs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecz View Post
    That program was ended. People werr ordering thousands of dollars of these coins on their credit cards, and when received, promptly paid off their balances.the whole point was to track up free rewards on the cards. Freaking awesome idea, in a way, its a little similar to what the fed does with FRNs.
    Amazing! That sounds like the Amendments to the Bretton Woods Agreements (in a way).

Unfortunately...

From the dailypaul...

12 U.S.C. § 341
    Sec. 4 ... the said Federal reserve bank shall become a body corporate and as such ... shall have power: ... Second. To have succession for a period of twenty years from its organization unless it is sooner dissolved by an Act of Congress, or unless its franchise becomes forfeited by some violation of law. Federal Reserve Act of 1913 (P.L. 63-43, 38 STAT. 251, 12 USC 221).

However, this 20-year corporate life was changed to perpetual in 1927 by Act of Feb. 25, 1927 (44 Stat. 1234) as follows:

Second. To have succession after February 25, 1927, until dissolved by Act of Congress or until forfeiture of franchise for violation of law.

This institution is making me physically sick. I can't get over the evil perpetrated. We live in a sort of fairyland, everything since 1913 has been unnatural, fiat money is organized and centralized, and forces business as well as personal development with a steady "invisible" hand, yet this hand controlled by the cartel. Almost everything that has evolved in this country since we went off honest money has been a product of this control. Wars, financial ruin, moral decay has all been perpetrated for the sole purpose of power and financial gain by a small group of men. Part of me is envious, wanting to be "on their side", because their power is limitless. The problem is they have such as grasp, just after a 20 year charter, their "board of governors" from the 2nd Bank of the United States threatened to "ruin" the economy, and even began a campaign against Andrew Jackson. They don't care about the welfare of Americans, it's a profit driven institution. I read most states still have the gold/silver clause but, when FDR pulled the plug on gold in 1933, he effectively suspended those states from operating legally. This is absolute craziness. I'm not sure how to reduce their power, but websites like this, Americans making steps to inform and execute is at the core where it begins. Sorry for the rant...I digress...
    Don't sound so glum.

Thanks for the information. That is important to know about 1927. However it did not change the Run. People (banks) still threatened to run the Fed in 1933 and caused FDR to order up the Bankers' Holiday. It makes more sense to me now. Congress had okayed the perpetuity in 1927? Well, there you have it. I always thought it was just some Presidential constructive trust:

Gold and silver coin were no panacea against government debasement and ruin of the economy and people .....

A person must always seek to exist outside of commerce altogether.

Be in commerce but not of it.