Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
The link for this post:
post10099
Hey doug,

I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work and efforts in putting this together. It is a great bare bones skeleton outline that allows one to "flesh out" more of the details. While all students don't have the same learning styles (some are visual and absorb what they read like a sponge, some are auditory learners and do better at listening, and still others learn better with a hands on approach, which in this area could be quite...shall we say punitive..), I have been able to navigate my way through the cornfields. I have always learned much more quickly and retained it better by listening while taking notes and applying what I learned in practice later on my own. I have noticed a lot of "lingo" very much exclusive to this journey that I did not understand that includes many anacronyms that I did not learn until much later when I stumbled on the origin or meaning in another post or thread at a later time, which makes comprehending what your are reading quite difficult at times. For example R4C...however, I just finished reading this gem in one of David Merrill's posts that is nothing more than a link in the post:

http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...iralty-Article

After reading the two PDFs in the zip file behind the first link suddenly much of what I have read over the past week or so began to click. Posts I didn't understand before were translated at once. R4C made sense. Some of MJ's posts in "Teacher mode" where he asks questions and I had no idea what he was talking about (and I felt like a kid being scolded - no offense MJ, because I have always liked teachers that set my brain to work by asking me for the answer through phrasing the question properly so that when I found the answer, I would know it was exactly what I was seeking.) I just wanted to toss this in here because I know these PDFs were like a Rosetta stone that helped me start pulling some important pieces together that were not here in what you had listed. Thanks to the community here for all their efforts, it is greatly appreciated...and liberating too!