Cognomen = FAMILY NAME.

Christian Name or Given Name or Baptismal Name = what most would call First Middle although that is incorrect in my opinion = True Name.

True Name + Cognomen [Family Name] = Legal Name

Some folks refer to the FAMILY NAME as the Business Name. I tend to Agree. Just ask Mr. Smith.

Respondent, Henry Paulson? - seems like Henry PAULSON is out of office these days - I'll wager he is enjoying a private capacity.

If I was you, and you are considering a Libel of Review pursuit, I would make myself very aware of EVERYTHING that is written in that LoR - BECAUSE once you issue it, it is your process, your issue and your liability. I "somewhat" modified mine within the confines of its intent.

It is an easy thing for a judge to look up a plagiarism :

1. Free Plagiarism Checker

2. The Plagiarism Checker

Oh yeah because I love to tie things back to Scripture:

Job 32:21 Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man.

1. Notice this verse specifies MAN
2. And Man's PERSON

Furthermore lets check out the Hebrew for Flattering Titles: I wonder what the Hebrew says:

H3655
ka?na?h

A primitive root; to address by an additional name; hence, to eulogize: - give flattering titles, surname (himself).

Now then Mr. SMITH do you feel flattered?

Lets see what Johnny B. has to say about Cognomen and Family Name, shall we?

COGNOMEN. A Latin word, which signifies a family name. The praenomen among the Romans distinguished the person, the nomen, the gens, or all the kindred descended from a remote common stock through males, while the cognomen denoted the particular family. The agnomen was added on account of some particular event, as a further distinction. Thus, in the designation Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus, Publius is the proenomen, Cornelius is the nomen, Scipio the cognomen, and Africanus the agnomen. Vicat. These several terms occur frequently in the Roman laws. See Cas. temp. Hardw. 286; 1 Tayl. 148. See Name; Surname.

Shall we see what Johnny B. has to say about Surname?

SURNAME. A name which is added to the christian name, and which, in modern times, have become family names.

2. They are called surnames, because originally they were written over the name in judicial writings and contracts. They were and are still used for the purpose of distinguishing persons of the same name. They were taken from something attached to the persons assuming them, as John Carpenter, Joseph Black, Samuel Little, &c. See Name.

Comment: So Johnny B. tell us that Family Name = Cognomen = Surname.

Shall we see what Johnny B. has to say about Name?

NAME. One or more words used to distinguish a particular individual, as Socrates, Benjamin Franklin.

2. The Greeks, as is well known, bore only one name, and it was one of the especial rights of a father to choose the names for his children and to alter them if he pleased. It was customary to give to the eldest son the name of the grandfather on his father's side. The day on which children received their names was the tenth after their birth. The tenth day, called 'denate,' was a festive day, and friends and relatives were invited to take part in a sacrifice and a repast. If in a court of justice proofs could be adduced that a father had held the denate, it was sufficient evidence that be had recognized the child as his own. Smith's Diet. of Greek and Rom. Antiq. h. v.

3. Among the Romans, the division into races, and the subdivision of races into families, caused a great multiplicity of names. They had first the pronomen, which was proper to the person; then the nomen, belonging to his race; a surname or cognomen, designating the family; and sometimes an agnomen, which indicated the branch of that family in which the author has become distinguished. Thus, for example, Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus; Publius is the pronomen; Cornelius, the nomen, designating the name of the race Cornelia; Scipio, the cognomen, or surname of the family; and Africanus, the agnomen, which indicated his exploits.

4. Names are divided into Christian names, as, Benjamin, and surnames, as, Franklin.

5. No man can have more than one Christian name; 1 Ld. Raym. 562; Bac. Ab. Misnomer, A; though two or more names usually kept separate, as John and Peter, may undoubtedly be compounded, so as to form, in contemplation of law, but one. 5 T. R. 195. A letter put between the Christian and surname, as an abbreviation of a part of the Christian name, as, John B. Peterson, is no part of either. 4 Watts' R. 329; 5 John. R. 84; 14 Pet. R. 322; 3 Pet. R. 7; 2 Cowen. 463; Co. Litt. 3 a; 1 Ld. Raym. 562; , Vin. Ab. Misnomer, C 6, pl. 5 and 6: Com. Dig. Indictment, G 1, note u; Willes, R. 654; Bac. Abr. Misnomer and Addition; 3 Chit. Pr. 164 to 173; 1 Young, R. 602. But see 7 Watts & Serg. 406.

11. When a person uses a name in making a contract under seal, he will not be permitted to say that it is not his name; as, if he sign and seal a bond " A and B," (being his own and his partner's name,) and he had no authority from bis partner to make such a deed, he cannot deny that bis name is A. & B. 1 Raym. 2; 1 Salk. 214. And if a man describes himself in the body of a deed by the name of James and signs it John, he cannot, on being sued by the latter name, plead that his name is James. 3 Taunt. 505; Cro. Eliz. 897, n. a. Vide 3 P. & D. 271; 11 Ad. & L. 594.

Comment: For all of you who believe so strongly in names - get a good read of 11. A name is simply a TOOL - a wrench in which one makes a Use.

Shalom,
MJ