Thread: Generic Notice and Demand - $350 civil suit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    P.S. I refined it up a bit. Mostly I added mandatory exception as in the form found at Title 26 USC §508(c)(1).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    P.S. I refined it up a bit. Mostly I added mandatory exception as in the form found at Title 26 USC §508(c)(1).
    The mandatory exception issue presumes that you want your CQVT to be treated as a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation, which, under 26 USC §508(c)(1), expects to have less than $5,000 per year of income. If you redeem all income in LM, then meeting the 508(c)(1) condition is easy, but then you may run afoul of this statement in 501(c)(3): "no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual,". I do not believe that the IRS wants individual persons to be exempt charitable organizations. Can you clarify your thinking on this?

Freed G

Quote Originally Posted by Freed Gerdes View Post
    The mandatory exception issue presumes that you want your CQVT to be treated as a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation, which, under 26 USC §508(c)(1), expects to have less than $5,000 per year of income. If you redeem all income in LM, then meeting the 508(c)(1) condition is easy, but then you may run afoul of this statement in 501(c)(3): "no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual,". I do not believe that the IRS wants individual persons to be exempt charitable organizations. Can you clarify your thinking on this?

Freed G
    Redeeming lawful money excludes one from the Title altogether. That exclusion is recognized for churches too, not religious organizations.

To understand this you have to skip over to §170 where you are directed from §501 - Disqualified Organizations. Among these disqualified organization you find churches. In §508 you find these churches as Mandatory Exceptions.

This is in alignment with the pronoun "They" in Title 12 USC §411. They are not necessarily Federal Reserve notes from the two sentences prior. They could well be people making the demand. The church is expected to provide for its own through tithing and so therefore is a Disqualified Organization §501 and a Mandatory Exception §508(c)(1).

Either way the church equates with the redeemed.

P.S. Here is a perspective you might take note of:

I made a statement in writing to the effect that I wanted all my transactions at my bank to be done in lawful money. Had the teller date stamp and initial it and she sent a copy to the legal dept of the bank. My job was done. I made my demand. What they do from that point on is none of my business.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 03-12-13 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Redeeming lawful money excludes one from the Title altogether. That exclusion is recognized for churches too, not religious organizations.

To understand this you have to skip over to §170 where you are directed from §501 - Disqualified Organizations. Among these disqualified organization you find churches. In §508 you find these churches as Mandatory Exceptions.

This is in alignment with the pronoun "They" in Title 12 USC §411. They are not necessarily Federal Reserve notes from the two sentences prior. They could well be people making the demand. The church is expected to provide for its own through tithing and so therefore is a Disqualified Organization §501 and a Mandatory Exception §508(c)(1).

Either way the church equates with the redeemed.

P.S. Here is a perspective you might take note of:

Do you know anyone who has filed with this technique in court yet?

-Bentley-