Brian,

I really liked that link! Bookmarked for future reference.

It actually sparked yet another thought: the difference between lawful money and legal tender. It appears to me that lawful money is money held under the common law, whereas legal tender is in admiralty.

The way I see it, this relates to saving to suitors and demanding redemption by highlighting what happens when someone makes their demand. Would it be incorrect to say that: one is demanding his currency be redeemed from one jurisdiction, and brought into another?

The funds made subject to a tax are legal tender, and subject to siezure, correct? Now it's occurring to me that in the case of filing a return, the legal person taxpayer is also in admiralty, which is why he must file a return. He is in admiralty because he - being simply the NAME - is the res of a trust.

The living man however is not the res. Rather he is the beneficiary of the trust.

Now then, if the NAME files his return as required, but the living man makes his demand on the return, I can see why this would be confusing for IRS to process.

If, as someone said, the result would be a denial of the claim by IRS, it seems the ball would then be handed back to the taxpayer/living man. Here is where the benefit of experience in dealing with them is most necessary. I do not know what form a denial would take. Do they list their reason(s) for denial?

In any case, I would accept their denial on the condition they show proof of claim that I am not entitled to make the demand.

Does this sound realistic? Reasonable? Workable?