Thread: Diminished Money Counterclaim

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Line 69 of the Form 1040 is "Excess Social Security taxes...". If he claimed all SS taxes paid were 'excess,' this sum goes to total taxes paid, which would increase the refund by that amount. So it seems that SS taxes could be redeemed and refunded on a Form 1040. I have not tried it myself; anyone comment here?

Freed G

Quote Originally Posted by Freed Gerdes View Post
    Line 69 of the Form 1040 is "Excess Social Security taxes...". If he claimed all SS taxes paid were 'excess,' this sum goes to total taxes paid, which would increase the refund by that amount. So it seems that SS taxes could be redeemed and refunded on a Form 1040. I have not tried it myself; anyone comment here?

Freed G
    The 6% SSA tax paid on your behalf by your employer is a "special" income tax MEASURED by your wages. So if you did not engage in that "special" activity (being paid in money substitutes ala FR credits) you would be entitled to a refund of that tax. However your employer would still have to pay their 6% because their end is taxed on the activity of hiring an employee(s) (aka: employer-employee relationship) again MEASURED by the employees wages. I think Medicare and O'Care function in similar manners.