Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hello, The site is very informative, it's quite surreal learning how the Federal Reserve has changed America so much.
I have learned a lot but I'm not yet confident enough to demand lawful money as I want to avoid pitfalls.
I've been looking around the site for some answers to questions I have, but have not been able to find them yet.

Regarding lawful money:
1. Must I stop writing checks and begin using money orders to pay bills?

No. You can continue writing checks. For public utilities you might consider striking through Pay to the Order of...

2. Must I stop using credit/debit cards since a card cannot be used if it doesn't have my signature?

You probably want to get out of credit altogether. Debit Cards need no signature.
3. I invest in stocks and mutual funds. If I have bought these stocks/funds using money that has collected interest from a bank account is it still possible to withdraw lawful money from the sales of these stocks and funds?

As a rule of thumb, whenever you sign for cash you want to make your demand.
If I can demand lawful money from these sales how do I do it? I use TDAmeritrade and Fidelity.
4. Is it necessary to cash paychecks at my employers bank or can I use my own bank?

Either. I used your boss's bank for a simple example in my videos.

5. Any questions I should have asked but did not?

Maybe but making your demand for lawful money is risk free. It is getting your mind wrapped around it enough to file income tax forms that takes you to a next level.
6. What things should I not do once redeeming lawful money?

You want to simplify your contract footprint. Get out of credit and into debit if you like plastic. Quit signing so much stuff. Learn a simpler contract lifestyle.

Thank you.
Welcome to the forum!