Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cracking the Code Failure - Doreen Indicted

I would believe that J-Lo was my lawfully wedded wife, if she and I had signed ze paper.

The law is not Bigfoot, it is not a space alien, it is not a secret, allowed to be viewed by only the favored few. It is written in English, and is readily available online for all to see, as are the court cases Doreen cited. Everyone can have their own opinion, but not their own facts.
    Blessed is he who keeps from stumbling over me.

Granted, Doreen is in for a fight. No slave owner was ever happy when some presumptuous upstart said let my people go.
    Blessed is he who keeps from stumbling over me.

JohnnyCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbinville View Post
    I assure you that I am well familiar with how our court system works.
    Rather than your assurances, do you have experience with how the court system works in some capacity?

bobbinville
    Yes -- but that's only my assurance. I doubt that you'd believe anything I offered you.

As for your opinion/facts dichotomy: when it comes to court cases, the law is what the court decisions say it is - unless and if there is a new decision overturning the first one. Doreen can say all she wants; but until she can elicit a new court decision which overturns the previous adverse decisions, she is doomed.

The courts don't care what the law says. Anyone who thinks they do is kidding themselves. I have seen a judge personally say the "16th amendment gave Congress the right to tax income" in spite of the fact that the Supreme Court says ".... the 16th Amendment conferred NO NEW POWER of taxation.

bobbinville
    The only problem is that, even if the courts indeed don't care what the law says, it is the courts which make the decisions as to what the law is and means; so unless Doreen can convince a court that CtC is correct, she's in trouble. If you operate on the assumption that the courts are corrupt, then arguing a legal principle in them, which they don't like, is like playing craps with someone who brings loaded dice to the game.

The problem is that judges don't like to overturn precedent; so Doreen's best hope may lie in the political/legislative sphere.
    Last edited by bobbinville; 07-06-13 at 01:40 AM.

The only problem is that, even if the courts indeed don't care what the law says, it is the courts which make the decisions as to what the law is and means; so unless Doreen can convince a court that CtC is correct, she's in trouble. If you operate on the assumption that the courts are corrupt, then arguing a legal principle in them, which they don't like, is like playing craps with someone who brings loaded dice to the game.

The problem is that judges don't like to overturn precedent; so Doreen's best hope may lie in the political/legislative sphere.
    My impression of the appeals process is much more that Doreen has to convince the appeals justices that there was a major flaw in the process of the trial court; which is to say an even tougher task. Especially considering the charge against her is more along the lines of contempt of a court order, which she pretty much admits to by signature on the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by John Howard View Post
    Everyone can have their own opinion, but not their own facts.
    I like that.

The only problem is that, even if the courts indeed don't care what the law says, it is the courts which make the decisions as to what the law is and means; so unless Doreen can convince a court that CtC is correct, she's in trouble. .
    The courts don't care what the law says. They make bogus decisions. The Supreme Court has NEVER said that a direct yet unapportioned tax is constitutional, yet the IRS says this is what they are imposing on us. In fact the Supremes have said in Brushaber that a direct unapportioned tax is UNconstitutional. The courts can't let us know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lyn View Post
    The courts don't care what the law says. They make bogus decisions. The Supreme Court has NEVER said that a direct yet unapportioned tax is constitutional, yet the IRS says this is what they are imposing on us. In fact the Supremes have said in Brushaber that a direct unapportioned tax is UNconstitutional. The courts can't let us know the truth.
    Income taxes are classified as excise and ultimately indirect taxes.

Only two items in federal history have been taxed directly, land and slaves (U.S. v. Springer 1880).