Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
In my pursuit of simpler explanations I find the fact that the Fed was designed in 1913 to be abolished by its own charter expiration (1933). That seems to be an easy way to explain it.

Now I cannot explain how since the only thing keeping the Fed going has been endorsement from people who hate the Fed - that the Fed has lasted this long!
People don't make the connection about the foundational nature of the "money" they are using.

Read: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/money-...omment-2362949

Note this paragraph: "If you could print a currency at no cost, that had no intrinsic value, and get the legal system to recognize it as the only legally permissibly 'tender' to satisfy all debt, public and private, would you print as much as you could, loan it out to as many entities and people as you could, and sit back, not caring whether 90% or 9% of the loans were repaid, since it cost you nothing to produce the loan, meaning that you can only gain assets (securitized) and indebt institutions (create indebted parties that you can then garnish), and literally lose not one atom of anything of inherent value?"

FRN's were given "legal tender" status in 1933. Between then and 1971 all other forms of "money" were eliminated from circulation except FRN's and current coin. True the statutes still exist for USN's but most people have no idea what they are, let alone ever seen one.