Thread: Filling out information

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you all for the explanations and direction. This really helped me understand when and where to use legal name versus true name.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Your family's name is Yahne, which is a really beautiful name - I have never seen it. I think it is similar to a musician in pronunciation.
    I am still doing research on the family name. It is pronounced /ya/-/ne/ (both vowels with macrons, for some reason forum replaces the macron with a ?)or in correlation with English words, yay-knee. The furthest I have been able to go back is from 1791 when my ancestor came from Saxony, Germany to the United States of America. Strangely I believe the family name is a variation of John in German. Other than people I know that is family, the only other time I have seen the name is as a first name in France primarily and once/current French controlled territories and all were females. I can though with much confidence believe that it is an unique family name.

I have been reading tons of posts here and am grateful to have come across this forum. I have been sharing this with my grandfather so it is nice to have someone I can take to and converse about it with.
    Last edited by Doskias; 07-10-13 at 03:03 AM.