I opened a checking account at 5/3 bank today. The bank manager accepted my sig card and initial $50 check written out to myself with the proper lawful money endorsements. I'm totally stoked. The experience was so much better than my redemption attempt failure at the credit union that I have been using.

I have the feeling that Mr bank manager knows more than he let on about LM. "Lawful money? whats that all about?" he said. I showed him 12usc411 and said "Its an old banking convention, not too many people do it anymore. I do know that I have a right to redeem. Its my way out of the Federal Reserve credit system." He replies "Oh, that sounds very interesting. I'm going to process the agreement and take care of this check. BRB." Also to note, as I whipped out my phone to photograph the agreement, he seemed to notice, and then turned away and flipped through some unrelated papers, and turned back after I did the deed. Its like he saw all my 'atypical customer' cues and simply grinned and ignored them with a twinkle in his eye.

Bottom line: Mr. Bank Manager was a very nice and did not resist my LM demands. Success.

Thanks for the knowledge and confidence StSC

wood