Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outside the Box

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I grabbed this from the Welcome Thread because I would like to have a lively conversation for all the members about it.

I am presuming COLB/BC is for Certificate of Lading/Billing and Birth Certificate.
    This does initiate a great discussion.

Certificates were used in England to confirm pedigree as well as issues of successors and heirs.
    This one book I was reading says the birth certificate assures rights for the child. I interpreted this to mean it assures privileges for the child.

Corporations can be persons unless the law specifically says natural persons or within the same Article define person as natural persons when used in accordance with rules of statutory construction. Can be pedigree of persons, not necessarily natural persons.

Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    This does initiate a great discussion.

Certificates were used in England to confirm pedigree as well as issues of successors and heirs.
    This one book I was reading says the birth certificate assures rights for the child. I interpreted this to mean it assures privileges for the child.
    Certificate of Live Birth; Certificate of Lading. What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Certificate of Live Birth; Certificate of Lading. What's the difference?
    I didn't know a child was cargo nor a mother a ship ...

Interestingly enough though, on wikipedia in the see also section the term bill of lading is included.

From the wikipedia article concerning a bill of lading, a bill of lading is not a negotiable instrument.