Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you own a firearm? You sure?

Do you own a firearm? You sure?

There is much debate over firearms and the 2nd Amendment. Listen to this and then think about this next time you hear the rhetoric.

Do you own a firearm? You sure? Listen to it all, but to answer the question, start right at 49:00.

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-74235/TS-708144.mp3

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The subject matter and unusual phrasing of this amendment led to much controversy and analysis, especially in the last half of the twentieth century. Nevertheless, the meaning and scope of the amendment have long been decided by the Supreme Court.

And what was that decision?

California is wrong http://news.yahoo.com/court-tosses-c...200220826.html

Anthony Joseph
    call your revolver, pistol, shotgun or rifle your property

the only "Amendment" worth citing, for comparison purposes only, is the "ninth"

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

not only do i believe i have a right to claim my property, the law which binds you, and the principal you represent, agrees with me [cf. Ninth Amendment to The Constitution]

i; a man, retain the right to claim property [revolver, pistol, shotgun or rifle, etc.]

and I agree and shall not be construed.

The Ninth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, addresses rights, retained by the people.

Nice touch AJ.
    Last edited by Chex; 02-14-14 at 07:20 PM.

Without having listening to the audio, is not a firearm a cannon or the guy who lights the touch hole of a cannon?

Anthony Joseph
    if the code, statute, rule, regulation, ordinance, etc. uses a certain word [legal term of art], then i do not use said word(s)

i don't even know what a "firearm" is; i didn't create or right the 'code' that uses such a term, i am not capable of deciphering said code and i believe i am not required to understand it

however, i use my property [cf. 'firearm'] to defend my family against bodily harm, injury or robbery

if it helps to communicate to others what your property is, use a comparison for their benefit only [cf. __________ ].

define, keep and stand upon your own words and rights as man; and, do not harm any other man while doing so

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
    if the code, statute, rule, regulation, ordinance, etc. uses a certain word [legal term of art], then i do not use said word(s)

i don't even know what a "firearm" is; i didn't create or right the 'code' that uses such a term, i am not capable of deciphering said code and i believe i am not required to understand it

however, i use my property [cf. 'firearm'] to defend my family against bodily harm, injury or robbery

if it helps to communicate to others what your property is, use a comparison for their benefit only [cf. __________ ].

define, keep and stand upon your own words and rights as man; and, do not harm any other man while doing so
    I've been following your posts more carefully lately, and I'm seeing the wisdom in your approach more clearly. It's simple enough that anyone can wrap their mind around it, yet is true to the value system I most admire. I think it's good to know and understand code law, but as a practical matter, standing as a man is key. I'd like to see millions of people doing it.

Anthony Joseph
    standing and acting as man, in honor, is key

we need to learn how to conduct ourselves, and our affairs, as such in all situations with full liability for our own actions

we need to learn how to move, hold and keep our courts [man's court as superior to all 'non-man' courts]

it is prudent to know your adversary; however, never pretend to understand the 'legal realm' because you simply cannot

only use the 'statutory/code' realm for comparison purposes only since you are not competent to know it, nor are you a privileged member of that society [card carrying BAR member] to use it; as man, it does not apply to you and yours anyway

contract wisely

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Joseph View Post
    call your revolver, pistol, shotgun or rifle your property

the only "Amendment" worth citing, for comparison purposes only, is the "ninth"

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

not only do i believe i have a right to claim my property, the law which binds you, and the principal you represent, agrees with me [cf. Ninth Amendment to The Constitution]

i; a man, retain the right to claim property [revolver, pistol, shotgun or rifle, etc.]
    This of course continues until someone with a pen and a telephone decides that "the constitution is nothing more than a god damn piece of paper."

And please tell me who is the people?

People. A state; as the people of the state of New York.
    A nation in its collective and political capacity. The
    aggregate or mass of the individuals who constitute the
    state. Loi Hoa v. Nagle, C.C.A.Cal., 13 F.2d 80, 81. In a
    more restricted sense, and as generally used in constitutional
    law, the entire body of those citizens of a state or
    nation who are invested with political power for political
    purposes. See also Citizen; Person. Blacks 6th ed.

Gee people means citizen, person, state, a nation. I do not see the sentence end like ...... to deny or disparage others retained by the men and women.

12 USC 136

(d) Animal
    The term “animal” means all vertebrate and invertebrate species, including but not limited to man and other mammals, birds, fish, and shellfish.

(s) Person
    The term “person” means any individual, partnership, association, corporation, or any organized group of persons whether incorporated or not.

Looks like a man means an animal and a person is not defined as a man.

All men are created equal, and endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights. We're all equal in the presence of the law.