Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Court of Chancery

Not in the studio . At least I turned up the J. B. Nelson and Informer x-reffs .

Boy , humidity around here has really taken it’s toll .
    Not to be construed as Legal Advice, nor a recommended Course of Action. I will stand corrected.

Tried to put this up for your information . Web Host is still a pain on file permissions since moving to their New and Improved blah blah blah .

Out of deference those here , I found this online . There are other , smaller , file versions available with a quick search , but this matches mine . Photo copied from his original . Less chance for alteration . So, here’s a little something in the vein from JB to tide you over . December 1991 . Courtesy U.S.A. The Republic .

RE : SENATE REPORT NO. 93-549, Etc. pdf 6.64 mb
    Not to be construed as Legal Advice, nor a recommended Course of Action. I will stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust Guy View Post
    Tried to put this up for your information . Web Host is still a pain on file permissions since moving to their New and Improved blah blah blah .

Out of deference those here , I found this online . There are other , smaller , file versions available with a quick search , but this matches mine . Photo copied from his original . Less chance for alteration . So, here’s a little something in the vein from JB to tide you over . December 1991 . Courtesy U.S.A. The Republic .

RE : SENATE REPORT NO. 93-549, Etc. pdf 6.64 mb
    That revives a lot of nostalgia within me. Thanks for that letter!

Ah ,the good ol’ days . ( shudder )

Thanks for the impetus to get this chore started . Was putting it off till later in the year . Always possible excitement when poking around the out buildings during hornet nesting season .

Turned up my 1981 law course by George Lee Kindred , of all things forgotten . Maybe I’ll even find Guerrilla Gorilla by that fellow up Alaska way . Should be good for a few giggles .

If the U.S. is bankrupt, who is the creditor?

IMF?

Court of Chancery

Is there a way to turn a statutory court into a court of Chancery?

Welcome Dreloc!

That is an interesting question.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Welcome Dreloc!

That is an interesting question.
    not to mention the syncro-ring it has to it.. hi Dreloc.

refreshing to see this thread again because I couldnt begin to comprehend the significance of it back when I first read it, not that now I can completely either.

someone on Rod Class's call that walter brought to our attention in the notary thread mentioned that it is a possibility. may want to check that (if it wasnt yourself that mentioned it there?)

If a court is admiralty, and one of the parties submits an affidavit to the fact that there is 'no contract concerning the matter', does that not end any admiralty question? It would seem to do something of the sort, combined with a demand for findings of fact and conclusions of law, would take the court out of admiralty. Am I mistaken that admiralty requires a contract?
    Last edited by pumpkin; 09-01-14 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    If a court is admiralty, and one of the parties submits an affidavit to the fact that there is 'no contract concerning the matter', does that not end any admiralty question? It would seem to do something of the sort, combined with a demand for findings of fact and conclusions of law, would take the court out of admiralty. Am I mistaken that admiralty requires a contract?
    You could start with the treatise "Benedict on Admiralty".
    You'll be able to find a copy on Google Books.
    The older versions are more clear in understanding than more recent versions.

You can thank the late, great "Informer" for this tip.