Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Legacy Forming

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    masonry is such a fascinating org. to me. just recently and seemingly syncronisticly I've obtained my G.Grandfathers certificate of Master Mason.
    This might be of interest to you then: http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showt...ight=convivial.

According to a Templar that I know, there are many variations among those who call themselves Masons as there might be among Jewish (Orthodox, Reform, etc.) or Christian (Lutheran, Pentecostal, Baptist, etc.) religious denominations. IMHO, there has been far too much hype as of late about Freemasonry and such. Advertising? Marketing?

There might exist a noteworthy distinction between Masonry and "Freemasonry" with the notion of one aiming to be subject to classical restraints or restrained morally and with the other aims to be "Free" (i.e. no holds barred, "anything goes", "whatever is clever"). Some suggest "Freemason" is based on the Egyptian for "Son of of Fire and Light" (Phree messen (like messenger?)) (or even on French for 'son of' but frer is brother not son, mmkay?). (In Dutch 'een lucifer' allegedly means "a match"--seems to have been due to a brand name of matches made by a Samuel Jones).

From what I've gathered "Free" means 'free' as in without classic moral (or any) restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    With the Knights Templar came the Secret of the Sanctuary which was about Jesus being married and carrying the alleged skull and femur bones of Mary MAGDALENE as "evidence".
    Sounds like the Jolly Roger story projected onto Jesus/Yeshua Christ and Mary Magdalene. However, what I was told over a decade ago was that the Skull & Bones mainly symbolizes their hope in the death without resurrection of Jesus Christ that they are boasting of killing him and of him being dead and in the tomb--thusly the Nietzschiesque lawlessness. Re the bones carried around, the video about the fixation on "death" and bones below might further illustrate that they might aiming to mock the the idea of resurrection.

Attachment 1881
    (Champ de Mars / Field of Mars)

So this everything goes...I have a name for it "Adversarialism"-- Satan means "adversary" it is said thus perhaps "Satanism" is "Adversarialism"--every man for himself and against everyone else. Somewhere in there there might be a "God of War" or a "God of Forces" in there held to be the utmost, highest to be appealed to.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I see no evidence that Masons are into Satan worship or even Lucifer worship past a dedication to secular humanism, which from a Christian projection and perception would indeed be that, as a reflection in my opinion. I think that in the setting of the Treaty of 1213 and the Magna Charta the signings being witnessed and in the Lodge of the Masons is basically that Masons have been custodians of the Record, witnesses to human events.
    Would make sense being that originally Masons were a Christian convivial club in America. The "Oriental" more occultic flavors started showing up in the mid 1800s. Albert Pike's Morals & Dogma allegedly makes reference to Lucifer. Secular humanism seems to strike me at times as the over-elevation of the unregenerate, carnal, lawless, immoral man who would likely be deemed to be of a rather beastly state. Secular humanism suggested to be the Serpent's party line in the Garden of Eden story. (Do what thou wilt?)

At some point I came to realize that most anyone can say that they work in the 'construction' business. Creation whether abstract or otherwise can be a type of 'construction'. So who isn't a builder of some kind?

Name:  activities-for-babies.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  165.8 KB

The Templar that I know is quite a decent fellow. Some of those I have met who alleged to be Freemasons are into rather disgusting, disdainful behaviors supported a dogma that knows no law--of course that doesn't necessarily cast a bad light on other Freemasons.

In contrast:

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting get understanding.
    Name:  JollyRoger1.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  12.6 KB

It is said that one of the initiate oaths of a certain style of Freemasonry suggests that the candidate or initiate will be made "a brother to pirates and corsairs". The Jolly Roger (Black Jack --see Union Jack)is said to indicate lawlessness and was said to have been used with the Red Jack (joli rouge?) at times. The skull and bones symbology of the Jolly Roger is said to have originated from a tale of a man who has sex with his dead wife's body in a casket and what remained after the incident was a skull and two crossed bones or something like that. The pirate flag is said to be a warning of lawlessness.

Name:  450px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Views: 611
Size:  3.5 KB

Anyways I got the impression of Masons (lawfully guided) and Freemasons (free, without restraint) (builders vs free-builders).

"Jesus saith unto her, Mary, she saith unto Him, Rabboni, which is to say master"
    Some suggest the word Rabboni suggests "Master Builder".

Related: America's Secret Establishment Order of Skull & Bones

Name:  1380735656d27050_l.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  35.3 KB

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. (Source Genesis 3:22)
    And Jehovah God saith, ‘Lo, the man was as one of Us, as to the knowledge of good and evil; and now, lest he send forth his hand, and have taken also of the tree of life, and eaten, and lived to the age. Genesis 3:22 (Young's literal translation)
    [I always got the impression that the man was being protected. As in, before man could access the tree of life, there would need to be some internal changes which would come with time--that mortality would be swallowed up of life rather than life swallowed up by death.]

But staying on topic, we're talking about legacy forming rather than lore spinning as some organizations are known to do. Could there somehow be a connection with lawlessness and nakedness (no proper flag)?

P.S. Atheistic humanism seems to be a cruel inside joke asserting 'humans' to be merely animals living ultimately purposeless lives (see Why Things Are the Way They Are - Erica Carle).
    Last edited by allodial; 08-27-14 at 04:13 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.